Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not this time. I am just holidaying. I am not getting there until Thursday, conference started Saturday( yesterday).They are hugely expensive to attend and I am not working enough at the moment to pay for it. Roll on a new contract.

Good Morning ladies
Just wanted to drop in an give an update on my dad. He's doing much better. Still has the nagging cough, but feels better and stronger every day. So thats a good thing.
Am very nervous today- It will get up to 81 degrees today and the weather service says there is a 75% chance of severe tornadoes today. Not just storms, tornadoes. I hate tornadoes. And i dont have the luxery of staying home either. Have to go over to my PALS for the majority of the day and then pick up my daughter from her dads this evening. I worry about my PALS when theres tornadoes as his mom cannot get him into the basement and with him being on a vent, when the power goes out, his mom has to be on the ball with getting everything hooked up to batteries and remember to get an O2 tank hooked up (the concentrator runs on electricity). Very scarey.

So feel free to send out a few prayers and thoughts for us today... im praying we wont need them!

Them cupcakes sure look yummy:)

Diane I',m glad your son and grandson came to visit. I sure hope you DIL can have results with the chemo, and not have to have that leg removed! Why they can't leave there drinking alone for there kid's sake is pitiful! Now when they get crocked are they going to embarass the poor kids by hollering like a hick!

Wow Liz, you guys getting 81* is HOT. We are supposed to have 92* here today. And we had the storms and tornadoes yesterday. I will say a prayer that you are spared from the horrific tornadoes. After my son's soccer game and our bit of shopping done I headed home to be driven by my future SIL for their engagement photo shoot. And just where might that be. Yep right in the middle of a tornado warning in Greenville/Spartanburg area. We went through it and when we got on the other side it was beautiful again. Pictures were at 6:30 and we had to go to the town of 96 to pick up my youngest daughter Grayson from a sleepover. Haven't quite figured why they are called sleepovers, no one sleeps! We stopped and ate dinner and didn't get home til about 12ish. What a day! And then I can't sleep, so I stayed on the forum until after 3 this am and awoke at 7:00. Today is Courtney and James's bridal shower at 6 this pm. Another long day and with really hot weather. I'm going to melt.
And Aly, I.....don't....think....I....can...make...it.....much....longer. I think 1 of those baggage handlers threw me a little too hard. How many days before you get there? And I love the difference between men and women. Men write a letter. We stand there and become a little loud and get things accomplished on the spot! Women-the stronger sex.

Glad we don't have tornados, they sound scary! Hope all will be well Liz and glad your Dad is recovering.
Kimberly you crack me up. Lol. You sound way too busy. When is the wedding?

Aly

Hi All, I'm finally done with the first (and wishfully hoping only) Open House... House never looked so clean, except of course the last time it was on the market. My sister-in-law and friend came over this morning and helped move the last of the extra furniture and odds and ends down to the basement, and vacuumed and dusted (again, my house is SO dusty!)... it looks so good, I can't cook in that kitchen, I might get it dirty!

I hope everyone enjoyed their cupcakes, now I'm going to have to mess up my kitchen and make a cake (from the box). Wishing I had the energy to get the ingredients to make my chocolate dump cake! Maybe later this week. I've been off-line since Friday, so had 2 full pages to catch up with!

I don't remember whose DIL has the cancer prognosis, but I used to work for American Cancer Society, and their website is FULL of information, support groups, all kinds of help... it's cancer.org, so easy to find. I pray that she'll beat the cancer, and maybe they can do one of those implant things they do for brain tumors to help kill it off.

It was a beautiful weekend here, comfortable in the high 60's/low 70's, the air just smells so good! Wish my gardens were blooming for the Open House, but usually aren't ready until May. All 3 of my kids had school concerts this weekend, one on Friday night, one on Sat afternoon, and the youngest this afternoon. It's a state-wide competition, and their bands/chorus usually place in the silver/gold region.

I went to see 2 houses during my Open House, and I LOVE the first one, which hopefully will be available when I can put an offer in. I'd have to move to the next town over, but we have a regional school system, so the kids all go to high school together anyway. So that would only affect my youngest, for 7th and 8th grade. I really hope it's meant to be, wish me luck!

Liz, hoping your weather stays safe! Tornadoes scare the *(&( out of me... I'm so glad we rarely get them here. I think the last tornado that hit my town was actually a "micro burst" where the air sort of explodes. The National Weather guys were all over that! But the last tornado was in the 50's where it killed a few people. My Dad used to tell a story when he and my Mom were driving cross country in the late 50's hauling a house trailer, of a twister coming down the road behind them! Not sure how much truth were in any of his stories, they did seem to get more dramatic each year.

I'm finishing off my tea, and now its either a nap or baking a cake!

Helen, when I was a little girl we visited my Aunt and Uncle outside Boston and were there for a serious hurricane. I'm thinking this was in the 50s, early 60s at the latest. I remember our staying away from a large living room window and a tree was down in the front yard. We get tornadoes here, but never directly through our property.

I hope that house "is yours" and your big whopper sells asap!

Yes, we do get hurricanes every few years (I can remember a few that fizzled and a few that were nasty!)... but most hurricanes do fizzle out with our colder water up here. Or they go out to sea.

Thanks, I'm hoping this house will work out, the kitchen is small but all updated, and the only change I'd have to do soon would be a ramp to the front door and later on widen the door to the bathroom. And the 2 older kids already have their rooms picked out (in the finished basement!)

Storms are starting to roll thru... i wish the night would just be over with already.
Aly- just read where you said if anyone said the F word in front of your kids, youd walk up to them and tell them off... well we have a problem. I may have a heart of gold and a great soul, but i have the mouth of a sailor! Its horrible. Half the time i dont even know im doing it. so i bet if i came to visit you, either you would need to send your kids away, or you would be tired from chasing me all over trying to tell me off. i can see it now- everytime id drop a bomb, id get up and run in circles trying to get away from you! LOL.
Makes me wonder why i feel the need to swear so much...
I think i feel more expressive when i do. i dont know.

Oh my goodness Liz, you had me in stitches on the floor, what an image. Me with my witches broom running about lol.
You wouldn't swear round me, bet yah. I give off this aura of tranquility and peace..........yea right.

I am just such a loser. I just took myself to town, watched a movie on my own and now an doing nothing till I get Sam from school. I have so much I could be doing, but I am just too darn tired! I was lucky tho. I parked my car in a disabled carpark and didn't realize it was only for 60 minutes. I got back 4 hours later with not so much as a ticket. Just started up the engine and the meter lady walked past!

I am pooped now. Haven't even done anything. I think it's just insane boredom. :( I need some work!

Aly

Liz, My oldest son grew up around older adults and no curse words. You would never know it today. I am often times embarrassed by his language. I never used a curse word until my last 2 were born. I don't say many usually the S$%* and D#@&. But many times I catch myself before it slips out. I think that's why God gave children to young people....they have more strength and stamina. And I am glad your Dad is doing better.
Aly, I want to live where you live. No ticks that bite and no tornadoes. Do you have snakes? Did you know that in Hawaii there are no snakes except those in the zoos. Grayson would love to live there. She is deathly afraid of snakes. The wedding is May 21st. Courtney picked up my dress and it doesn't fit. I will have to lose about an inch on my waist. I can't quite understand it must be all the fat has shifted to the front of my stomach area.
Helen, I hope the house selling goes quickly. I will say an extra prayer each night for those who want to sell their houses (so this one's for you too Dianne). And what a good excuse for not cooking. Can't get the kitchen dirty! I like that one.
And Ann, My mother didn't want me to move down South because of tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes. Well the first yr down here Maryland had a tornado that went between my parents and my grandmothers. The next year they had an earthquake and well because they live very near the Chesapeake Bay, they get the tail ends of most hurricanes. Now don't get me wrong we have had our share of natural disasters. We have had several tornadoes skirt around us; coming into the county just missing us, 1 minor quake of 2.4 in the upper right part of the state and really have missed any hurricane activity.

No snakes at all. In fact we have no poisonous anythings. No dangerous animals either. Now poor old Australia, has the deadliest snakes in the world, the deadliest jellyfish, deadly spiders and worse of all heaps of Australians :) . Sorry Peter, couldn't help myself. :)

Aly

OOOOOOHH Aly, that was low! I wish I had thought of it. Well; we live in what they call the city, but it's more country type. Most people have at least 1/2 acre lots and the homes are all different. Now me on the otherhand, have an acre lot and huge home. We don't have sidewalks and even though we live near a city park (they play teeball, baseball and football there), we very seldom see any change in the traffic. We have about maybe 10 cars a day go by in front of our home. We also have the freight train tracks in front of the house. I swear sometimes that will go by more than a car will. Now we own property out in the real country we wanted to build on but have never been able to do so. I designed a home and then 3 small cottages, 1 for each of the three older girls to live in before they would start a family. I figured we would cook and eat at the main house but then they would be able to go retreat to their own mini home. We could never seem to save up enough money to finish this dump so we could sell it and build our dream home. Oh well maybe in another lifetime.

Oh I forgot to put in that we don't have ticks here even though we have deer walk down one of the side roads to the right of us, raccoons, squirrels and opossums. The only snakes I have ever seen in our yard was something called a pencil snake. They grow to the size of a pencil and don't hurt anyone. That's fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back