Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
finally got my new wheelchair but doesnt fit my kitchen table and cant use my laptop. any suggestions.

Would a hospital bed table work? As you know, the table can be moved up and down. Another PALS, Judith, put risers under the kitchen table, I believe, so she could ride right up to it and keep using it.
Ann

Could you clamp a table to the side of your wheelchair? Does the manufacturer of your wheelchair make a tray to fit your chair? (this is the option we went with) Or, if your legs can take it what about a lap tray-one of the ones with about 4 inches of stuffing topped off by a flat surface? Hope you find a comfy solution.

We put risers under our kitchen table, and it works reasonably well. It's much, much better than the $500 tray we got for the Permobile C-300. We don't recommend the tray at any price. We include "free" as a price.
The table still wouldn't be good for a laptop since its skirt is too deep. That makes the top too high to be a comfortable work surface even with the skirt resting on your knees.
We're thinking of mounting my desktop monitor on a wall-mounted arm that was designed for a flat-screen TV. If you're already using Dasher that might work for your laptop, but that's outside my experience.
Last thought: have you considered screwing 4 2x4's to a 3x3 piece of plywood? You don't need heirloom quality, just something to work off of.

ann, i have an overhead hospital table and doesnt work.

cutika, is it the wheels tangling up? In any case, I'm so sorry it didn't work.

We found a lap tray that works better for my husband and is much better that the tray that goes with his wheelchair. It is also much cheaper. He loves it. It's called a Lap King. We found it on line.

I use a lap tray because I would rather sit in front of my new 60 in. Sony Bravia flat screen and have this tuna sandwich and glass of sweet tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back