Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
Nueces
My husband passed away yesterday morning. His condition plateau for months. He was fairly happy and was still able to walk though slowly and carefully. Two weeks ago, he started losing his speech almost completely. A week later, he started waking up with breathing difficulty. He would be all right during the day. Then his neck muscle failed. That really disturbed him. He used his thumb and tried to lift his head up. His hands had some strength in them still. Two days before he passed away, his breathing became painfully labored. He hated the bipap and oxygen machine, and tolerated them only in extreme need. His last night on earth, he removed the bipap mask every time I put it on him. He rejected the oxygen machine and stopped cooperating with removal of mucus deeper into his mouth. He let me suction those around the front portion of his teeth, clamming his teeth shut when I tried to go in deeper. I woke up several times to check on him. At 11 pm I helped him to the bathroom and back. He was very unsteady on his feet. I looked over shortly after I got him into bed and he was sleeping. Good, I thought, falling asleep myself. At 1 am, I woke up and it was very quiet. Too quiet. I feared the worst. I looked at his chest closely, no movement. He passed on in his sleep. It is a merciful way to go. At the same time I miss him. The house feels so empty. I kept thinking he is in the bedroom and knew he is not. To the end, he remained patient and sweet, suffering patiently and apart from a few dementia episode never gave me any trouble. I thanked him for it and thank God for it.

so sorry for ur loss thats the way i want to go.

Pepper, I am very sorry for the loss of your husband. I am glad he went peacefully. May you too find peace.

Dear Pepper, I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband. His going sounds as you say merciful. Peace to you. Avril

dear pepper, deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved husband. blessings to you - wishing peace be in your heart..

Hi Pepper, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My father, who was diagnosed the summer of 2009, recently died on March 28th. My family and I are still numb from the last 2 years. I hope you find strength in family and friends, my condolences to you.

Best,
Laura

Pepper, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and hope you find peace in that he seemed to go peacefully. And that he was ready to go. My sympathies to you and your family.
Helen

Pepper, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.
Barry

Dear Pepper,

You have my deepest sympathy. Your husband was so blessed to have your care, and his end sounds peaceful, as though he had decided it was time to go. What a wonderful thing it is that he was so sweet and easy.

Hugs,
Ann

So sorry for your loss,
COULD SOMEBODY COME UP WITH A CURE FOR ALS------PLEASE!

I am sorry for your loss Pepper. Lots of love to you.

I am sorry Pepper. Please accept my condolences. I am glad that he went peacefully in his sleep. Blessings to you and your family.
Laurel

Dear Pepper,
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.
Mary

So sorry for your loss!

So sorry for your loss, Pepper. Please accept my condolences and prayers for you and the rest of your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back