Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and by the way, the swallow study they had me scheduled for was rescheduled to April 11 which is a Monday. I told the lady they don't do them on Mondays it has to be done at the hospital. She called them back and said you're right, they only do them on Tues and Thurs. I told her it has to go through the hospital. She said it did. I said no it didn't. She called them back and guess who was right? Of course, ME. So it has now been scheduled for April 13. It's a shame I have to do all the work and not get paid. And also, to think that the lady that normally does scheduling appts. has been our since last Wed. , you would think they would have someone else filling in for her!
Also mentioned the weird side effects I am having on either the Ambien or Diamox. Both hands are jerking to inside every few seconds. It's horrible with the typing, my fingers jerk and hit keys that I don't want and when I want them they're not moving. My hands are like children/non-caring husbands with selective hearing.

Kim- sorry about your hands. that sucks big time. and about the hassle you are getting with the scheduling. maybe next time you talk to them, just casually mention that you will be sending a bill in the mail for all the work YOU'VE done! Haha. That'll make em think.
Thanks for the prayers for my dad. And yes, I will wear a mask whenever i go see him. I cannot take the chance of picking that up and giving it to my PALS. If he got that... i dont even want to go there...

Liz, I hope your dad makes a turn for the better very soon. And I echo the concern for your PALS... I do hope you find something to do today which makes your heart sing.

Yikes, Kim--I'm so sorry your hands are doing this. I hope it quits soon!

Ok what happened to my post? I must have been a bad, bad girl!

I said that to the ER staff the time the neuro doc sent me there instead of seeing me. Sitting, waiting for 12 hrs in one position is horrific to say the least.
I have decided its not my hands that are the problem, it's the darn keyboard. Somebody just moves the keys when I am getting ready to type.

Ha ha Kimberley , a possessed keyboard. My hands are fine and I still hit wrong keys all the time! I had a swallow study done a couple of years ago. It was really interesting, watching the food go down :).
Liz keep well and hope your dad gets better. Sounds like he is strong and he's not very old, so he will throw it off ok I am sure.

My son has decided to get together with a bunch of friends and live 40 hrs outside in cardboard boxes, to raise money for world vision.it's in May so will be cold. We have a covered portico, which I will persuade them to use. I need to find some refrigerator boxes! Anyway, I was thinking how much fun it would be to make a dirt cake. One of you sweet ladies has a recipe. Could you please send it to me with the ingredients and how much stuff I need. I think they will all enjoy something a little different.

I think Silver is going blind:( when I went to feed her yesterday, she got a huge fright, when I came within 30 metros of her. I was talking to her but she still went crazy. Then last night I called t.o her so it wouldn't happen again and she looked up right past me, starring in the distance. She had trouble coming up the hill cause she couldn't find the path that she has made. I am really going to have to face getting her put down if she is blind. I don't know how to say goodbye to her. :(.

Well, people are sealing, so my alone time is over. Bless you all and have a lovely day
Aly

"My hands are like children/non-caring husbands with selective hearing..." I like that comment!

Aly, do you have a buddy for your horse Silver? Could be another horse, or goat or dog that she can follow along after... If she's healthy enough otherwise, you may be able to make her more comfortable with this. My friend Terry had 2 Appaloosa (sp?) horses, and the older (the Mom) would rely on the son when she moved around, and she was fine for a long time.

How old is your son? That sounds like fun for them to sleep out in the boxes... just make sure that the dew doesn't get them all wet. And don't forget to put the gummy worms in that dirt cake!

Helen

No Helen, she is alone. She grazes next door. My neighbor has 2 acres that wasn't being used, so when we moved to the edge of town and had no land anymore, we were lucky enough to have her next door. There's not enough grass for 2. My neighbor is an ophthalmologist so I will get him to take a look. I can see she has cataracts, maybe he can give her glasses :)

I won't forget the worms. I need the recipe oh I had a thought. I will go on all recipes.com that might have a recipe.
Sam is 12.

HaHaHa! Then she will be like Mr. Ed. If you remember the old TV show with the talking horse. He had to wear reading glasses. I can just imagine you putting them on the horse!

So, Liz how is your Dad today? Is he a little bit better? I can't imagine getting the flu. I never had it when I was a kid and haave been getting flu shots for 20+ years now. Now my kids; 3 of them have had the swine flu, they oinked around the house for days (I'm sorry I had to slip that one in there). No really, 3 of them had it with hardly any effects to it and this was before the vaccine.

I must have been really, really bad because my post never posted! Shame on me, I just wish I remembered what I posted.

I know this is hard, Aly. Our last dog was blind from cataracts as well as deaf. She clung to me in her neediness. Two Grand Mal seizures in front of me...next to the stone fireplace wall were the sign to end it. I was already in a small wheelchair and was so concerned for her.

Kim, you are so funny. Your post will arrive... dear Al is busy. Check out the thread...the last one on the main page. He is swamped by trouble makers.

My sweet dear Ann, Now I am showing my age but do you remember Mr. Ed? And yes, I saw that post. I thank GOD there are people here to monitor what's going on. I wouldn't want to catch a virtual virus, they're deadly!

And Aly, please forgive me I wasn't making light of your horses ailments, it's just that it hit me about Mr. Ed. I don't know if you ever saw the show, it was black and white.

I remember it well. A horse is a horse of course of course....He was so funny. I also liked Capt. Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans. They were such innocent days, Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back