Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen I want a brownie too!lol Diane yes take earplugs, have been to several of them, they are very loud, lots of people, and you will probably see some weird things..I hope you are going to have a great trip too! Liz don't be so ard on yourself, at your age I never dreamed about being a caregiver or sicknesses. If you lived close by we could wallow together, nah we could maybe do something fun! Aly you stay superbusy like me most of the time, whew we need a break. Too bad us gals could not be closer and really sit a round a table with a few drinks, of course your choice, but just enjoy each others company. Sometimes I feel as close to yall as I do friends and family. Probably because they really don't understand. Love all of yall!

Joni- i feel the same way. i feel closer to you guys than people in the flesh.
No one seems to want to take the time to really "hear" us... but not here.
I dont know what id do without all you people.

as for getting together... ive got something up my sleeve. but its long term...

well you're still invited to come and visit! Even if I'm not living here, always have room for one more in my crazy house...
I don't know what normalcy is anymore, haven't had it in years... if ever. I guess what's normal for one is not for another, so who's right?

You know, I ignore as many of my symptoms as I can, and it must be really difficult for the caregiver (I don't really have one right now, so I'm still lucky) to have to attend to all the needs... I don't know how I'll feel when I get to that point. Right now, I pretty much still resent my husband for the crap he's put me through all these years, and I worry about how my children will grow up with him. And with his colossal lack of patience, I don't have much hope for how he'll be as an actual caregiver. But I have to keep the faith that something good will come of all of this, and that things DO have a way of working out in the end. So let's not think about it, but just keep enjoying our tea... and the brownies which are now all gone (except for the 4 little ones I tucked away in the back of the fridge for tomorrow)

And I have to say, that I come to this part of the forum every day, but now that I'm done with figuring out what's wrong with me, I hardly ever go to the other parts of this site. Its good to have a connection with others, so I thank you all for that.

Helen

Helen, until my problem became more of a problem (time now for Liz's signature line), I scarcely ever even came on. In fact, I hung out with a farmgirls forum...but as things began to change I decided it was time to seriously start to regard the ick and as I saw the farm dream leave my ability (excepting of course the dear chickens), I began to read. Not so much here, where it seemed hard for my non-tech ability to learn my way around, but at a different ALS site. I don't doubt you'll do the other kind of reading when it becomes necessary, and meanwhile you're making friends here. Win-win.

Liz Girl. I so wish I could make you believe in yourself. There are compassionless people of all ages, but there's a reason why grandparents attract children. They really care, and have usually had lots of hardship to learn from. Your age is wonderful, but most of your contemporaries don't spend their time with an ill person and probably can't understand why anyone would do it...unless they had also suffered. Here, we get to see your shining qualities and can truly appreciate what you do.

Joni, you are such fun. I hope you and your pup and Bruce are having a good day. I'd love for you all who are able to get together, and I'd like to be a fly on the wall--I know you'd have a blast. Of course, Aly never jokes and is serious all the time, but you might get a smile out of her, too. Hahaha.

Diane, I will say only this about Dover Downs. There is a heck of a lot of traffic, and it's good there will be sobriety in your designated driver. Our experience with it was the following: We packed up to head to Nova Scotia the next morning, and Phil said, Let's go now! So around noon, we left for parts north with no reservations (this was a long time ago), got close to Dover and stopped. Cops had cars pulled all up the road, backed up for miles. It took us three hours to go about twenty miles. I think the state got funded that day. And yes, earplugs are good!

Helen, your post touched me. I always see you as such a practical, sincere person. I cannot imagine what it must be like having this awful disease without a loving, partner to help and support. I hope and pray that he will lift his bar and be a loving carer and supportive, patient father. People can change, when faced with adversity.

I actually talked to Hubby about going to the Boston area and coming to have a cup of tea. He said that there is a fantastic epilepsy unit in Boston and he may be able to use some sabbatical time and visit it. How far away is Joni, Liz,Dianne, Ann etc?
I will keep it in mind!

I want some Brownie as well! The cyber brownie will have no calories :).

I watched Hawaii 5 O last night and was amused that the murder took place in the hotel we are staying at. I saw in the rooms, except hopefully they will have washed the gore away.

Join, I must admit I have not been seeing much of my "physical" friends recently. I get my support right here. I feel incredibly close to you all. I think it's rather strange, but the lovecis very real.

Bye bye Aly

Liz you just plan away...you know i rarely ever talk to my family or friends about how I feel, how I'm scared, and hate this disease. What and how I am going to handle all that is coming Liz because you are right, most people get tired of hearing it, or don't know what to say, or just really don't want to hear you. that is why I need you all, and we need each other. helen I am so sorry that you have all those worries on you too, bless your heart. Ann you have the biggest heart and compassion! Aly i live close to Aubrn Ala. I like Hawaai five o too, wow that is weird, you staying at the same place. Maybe you could meet some of the actors?Goodlooking ones!I feel the same way you do about being close to my family here. Talk to yall tomorrow. Have a good night!

Ugh- just got a call a couple hours ago from my ex-step mom (long story). she asks if i can run to the pharmacy and pick up some meds for my dad who is really ill. she said she was going to get it, but couldnt make it down before they closed. Mind you, she lives 2 hours away! So here I am, getting a phone call from her, saying he is really sick and she is on her way down to take care of him. Scared me. My dad doesnt get sick. And when he does, no one knows cause he's just a work horse.

I go get the stuff and some 7up and gatorade and a mask. I get there and he has the flu- BAD. Im talking true, upper respiratory flu, not the stomach bug.

My poor dad, who of course is the strongest guy i know, looks like complete hell. He's sweaty and cold and shakey. When he coughs, it hurts him so bad in the chest and his head. I told him all that he need to do to help himself get better. But he is a 62 yr old vietnam vet so.... we wait and see.

Glad I actually have the day off tomorrow. The last quite a few days I was supposed to have off, the other girl didnt come in so I ended up doing it anyway. This way if Dad needs me tomorrow, I will be around. Hopefully the meds kick in by then.

moderation.....

Liz I hope your dad feels better real soon. Try to get a little rest today...

Thanks Joni. I guess its just one of those things... ive hardly ever seen my dad sick and now, in the last year, he seems to get sick all the time. Old age is dumb. and being 62 isnt really that old.
We will see what today brings.

Liz, how is your Dad doing? If he's that ill, he may need to go to the hospital... the part about it hurting in his chest when he coughs would worry me.

Helen- I thought the same thing, but he had just been to the VA so his doctor is well aware. He was prescribed some antibiotics and some cough medication so I am hoping that those will kick in soon. Just need to keep an eye on him.
I was also worried about the pain in his head with the cough. but knowing he had just come from the doctor has comforted me some.

Sounds good, hope he's better soon...

Me too, thanks!

Just got back from dropping the kids at school. Went to my favorite little coffee shop, which happens to be owned by friends. I just frickin LOVE their stuff. Very high quality and so very yummy. Its called Black Waters Coffee- hope I can put that in here, if not- sorry Mr Moderator. Anyway- i find myself going there almost daily. Think i may need to buy stock in the place!

Have the day off today- dont know what to do yet...

Good morning Ladies,
Boy when you miss a day or two you sure do miss A LOT!
Dianne, I hope your house sells. I know what it was like when we sold our MD home to move to SC. It was like living on pins and needles, everything had to be spotless all the time (now I am no slob, but once in a while you just don't want to make your bed or put the dishes in the dishwasher). I lived like that for nine months pure HELL. And agree with the earplugs, my family didn't do NASCAR but they did do NHRA. Enjoy yourself, but remember we will be in your prayers for the internment. Also, have you looked for a place yet and are you staying in the same state?
Liz, pull on that long rope and get out of that well. I know your PALS needs you but we need you too and don't ever forget that. I don't have many friends here even though we have lived here 20 years this April 29th; I can actually count them on one hand. I agree that we can put out our most intimate thoughts here and I consider you guys more than my friends even more than family. And make sure you wear that mask so you don't catch what your dad has. I pray he gets better with each passing day.
Helen, I hope your house sells as well. I couldn't imagine having to clean every nook and cranny of this house. If I started today, I might be done by the end of the year. And as for hubbies go, I know what you mean....I used to tease my girls about if I died first who would brush their hair and pick out their clothes? And if anything happens to me; my sister wants to take the two youngest, but oh no, she's a hoarder and could put that show to shame if they saw her house. I actually planned on my oldest girl Courtney to take them. I don't know how my husband feels about that.
And to Aly, I have shipped a suitcase (with me inside) to NZ for your trip to Hawaii. I hope it gets there faster than a birthday card I recently sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back