Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new Avatar is a bird called Kereru. It's a huge fat wood pigeon, native to NZ. They are so big that there wings whistle as they fly. I read this morning on the news that there habitat is dwindling and they are becoming scarce, therefore they are now my emblem.
Last year 2 Swedish tourists shot 2 , it outraged the country and landed the 2 in court. They had been stupid enough to film there Kill!
Wish we had the death penalty :)

Joni sweet, how's things, I am not in trouble, in fact quite the opposite. Life is sweet and I am not grumpy with my lesser half ( for now). I could well be in trouble if he reads this forum lol.
I looked into flying business class with Sam to UK. It was going to cost $26,000nz. (.76us to 1.00nz)
What a laugh, would never be able to waste money like that, it's the deposit for a house. Economy class it shall be:)

Aly

Hello all. Not much sunshine here today but no snow like some of you. Snow in April in Ireland would be really weird. The daffodils are out and dancing (well more like drowning in the gale force winds we had yesterday) and the blossom on the trees is out too. Thanks all for your kind words. Will give you the low down Ann. In the meantime the CC President is sleeping for Ireland! Helen I agree that clinics are tough. School gate doesn't sound like a picnic either though. Dianne your place sounds just great -sorry to hear it's not so much fun but totally understand. Hope you treat yourself well after calling the cemetry. Aly when you come out of court I could carry your bags as you visit the world. Peas Ann, did you eat them?

Oh, Avril, I most definitely did, hahaha. I have determined to eat what's put in front of me unless I can't lift it or would choke on it. Phil is making his first batch of chicken/rice/veggie soup... I just commented that mine needs to be with little liquid, so it isn't lost out of the spoon. And, I am wearing a bib.

Aly, I do like your Kereru. I hope their numbers increase. That's happened here with bald eagles.

Diane, Yes, I hear you as well. I hope you can sell it for your price soon, and stop being reminded. Although...you can sit like a queen with your manicured hands and just smile while you wait. Maybe Aly will make it there!

Dianne, I didn't realize you wanted to sell your place, but I truly understand. Black Hills: my oldest son went there 2 or 3 years ago. They have a big harley davidson show there. He doesn't own one, he just happened to own a suburban and his friends needed it to carry the trailer.
Helen, how much snow did you get? It actually made our noon news here in the south.
Jellycat, I am so sorry the clinic visit was so hard. I just haven't quite figured out why it takes so much out of you.
And Aly, I agree with you, those people should be shot for killing something endangered unless it was a snake.

I am sorry Diane, your pictures just look beautiful and so homey. Do you ever here from Kaye Marie? Wondered how she was doing.

I don't really want to sell. It is just one of the changes I can control. And it will be a way to enjoy my retirement even with limitations. As I have mulled things over, I began to realize, that the equity in my home is meant for me to use and not leave behind.

Joni, I haven't heard from Kay Marie since last summer when she left the forum and moved to FB. I am not on that social network so have missed her. It is all I can do to type/visit with one network (This one) and accomplish anything else in my day. :)

Tim fixed spagetti and garlic bread for dinner - can you smell my breath? Oh so good, although difficult to eat, but my-oh-my does the garlic linger!

I just noticed... I am now a senior member. How did that happen? I feel like a new kid - there are so many wiser and more experienced people around here.

Wow Aly that is a lot of money, can't blame you for going economy. that is one fat bird...lolI always wondered how the senior member status come in hmm, I ate mexican so my breathe probably stanks too haha

Dianne, I understand your wanting to sell. First, big homes are expensive to heat and second, the repairs are costly also. I would want to enjoy my retirement. But as my mother told me, because I didn't work the last 20ish years, I don't deserve a retirement! Mothers! I would trade mine in for a different model.
We went out for dinner too! I watched my oldest girl, Courtney and her fiance James eat mexican. I can't seem to get that down anymore. We are supposed to have 72* here tomorrow and by Monday 82*. Can't wait to get new palm trees for the yard; for some reason my winter hardy ones have been dying. I guess they weren't too hardy.
To all my girls and Barry, Have a goodnight and I thank GOD we had another day.

Hi girls,
the senior member comes from the number of posts you do.
Over 500 and you are a senior member.

There are other levels too like at 100 for new members etc.

i think i have it right

cheers
Peter

hey peter, where have you been? did you get tired of talking at us..lol

Kay Marie posts every day on FB but nothing much about herself, mostly about the causes she is interested in. I'll send her a message there to say hi and to let her know that we're thinking of her.

I loved Mexican food, the hotter the better along with a cerveca frio!

Thanks Barry!Is that a dark beer? My son in law loves to try all the dark beers.

Joni, I love dark beer too! Actually it was supposed to be cerveca fria not frio which means cold beer. So, I''ll have a dark, cold beer with my enchiladas!

I was sure it was a free cervical collar... doggone.

Ann you are so funny, I did taste his dark beer last nite, wasn't bad, but beeing I rarely drink, one would have made me loopy...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back