Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to sound like I am discounting the need to show emotions, but if you feel they are too much, emotional lability is one of the effects of the desease I have never been an outwardly emotional person and found I too was emotional at the drop of a hat. I started taking nuedexta and now at least When I feel sad it feels real if that makes since.

I agree so much with all of the comments giving here. I would like to say that the emotional ups and downs we go thru might be the worst part of the disease. I was finding it hard to make any decisions even simple ones. Crying over the smallest things, and I have never been at all emotional even accused of being hard hearted, but that changed. I was told by my doctor not to focus on what I can't do, but think about what I can do. Attitude has always been a way for me to handle a lot of things in life, I guess I had just forgotten how important it is.
Hang in there.

as time goes by no matter who we are when many of us in life can nolonger do we teach just like many crafts persons have done for generations. what you teach your family now will go on for generation. is it not better to teac aperson to fish for life than feed them once. lots of hugs for you as we travel are paths

Beckysuenc,

Like Michael noted above there is this drug out now that is called Nuedexta.

It was just recently approved by the FDA.

What you are describing sounds like a condition called PBA (Pseudobulbar affect) which in many cases is now a very treatable condition with this new drug.

The drug is reportedly having about an 80% success rate at reducing these episodes by 80 or 90%..and about a 50% success rate at complete remission.

I'm going to link you (and others to several pieces of information regarding this).

wiki article on PBA (also formerly called labile affect and by other names as well) Pseudobulbar affect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The MS association also recently did a survey of about 5200 patients and found that an amazing 48% of them seem to have this condition..showing how prevalent it is. And so, you're definitely not alone.

It also impacts several others including Stroke..ALS..parkinsons disease..alzheimers and others.

MSAA - News Center

The Public broadcasting System recently did a 1/2 hour special on this condition.

The video is available at this link..
Understanding PBA | PBA

And the drug is NUEDEXTA

Please be sure to consult with your doctor regarding any potential interactions and side effects. It does however appear to be a very safe and effective treatment for this condition judging by several people I have heard about and researched.

Best of luck to you in researching this and getting this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back