Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken and dumplings sound yum, not to mention all that birthday cake going round. When can we have another birthday...the cake goes well with tea! Thinking of having a cup, but really what I should be doing is going to bed. We have a family gathering tomorrow. We so rarely have visitors that it may well be a shock to the system. Looking forward to it though. Sue, sorry to hear you'll be saying goodbye to your colleagues. They sound like friends. Aly Hawaii sounds wonderful. Mind you, so does your pool even if it isn't so warm just now. Make sure that hubby gets dug into the thesis early on or you might just have him under your feet! Love to all.

Helen- that card was beautiful. thank you very very much!

have a mai tai for me! yum!

Teatime here in Maine. I need to write down the great Italian meals I had before it all fades away! There were some truly great meals, and the only bad food we had was at the Vatican Museum cafeteria where we were starving after quite a few hours in the museums, finishing with the Sistine Chapel. The museum was so great that I don't begrudge them the food. Even though I ate all I wanted to, I still lost a pound on the trip. Ann, I spent my childhood in Washington DC and this is the only time of year I miss it-- a real spring instead of just ice-out and mud season here :) What's blooming? (p.s. my photo here was taken working on Assateague Island down your way -all buttoned up against the bugs!)

Sue

Sue,

Before traffic became really bad, Assateague was only a half hour drive from our door... But as you point out, the mosquitoes and flies are unbelievable unless there's a good sea breeze. And the ponies...cute as all get out but brazen and will grab a sandwich out of your hand. OK... forsythia of course, my Autumn flowering Cherry, Camellias are all blooming. I don't actually see most things, but am told by visitors what's happening in my old yard next door. I'm sure lots of daffodils are blooming--have them staggered in terms of blooming time. We had snow Sunday morning here, and nights are in the twenties this week.

Well, I have to concede the Sistine Chapel would overide even Italian food. The trip must have been amazing.

Sorry you're having to end your work but so glad you and your friends will all get together and have a good time in May.

Aaaah I lost my entire post!
Hey gals and guy, (that's for you Barry), I got some bad news today. My 95 year old grandmother fell and broke her hip and maybe her knee (they're waiting for the portable x-ray to check her knee). Surgery is going to be sometime tomorrow. The ortho surgeon has taken his sweet old time to get there and look at her. Let his grandmother fall and see how fast he would get her into surgery. So, I'm asking for some prayers for her because I am selfish and not ready to let her go! It's days like this I wished I hadn't moved 550 miles away.
Liz, I hope you had a good day today and in Hawaii they have a birthday saying, "Whatever you do on your birthday, you will do for the rest of the year". Sort of depressing so Liz lift one up for me.
Helen, I have the mai tai liquid mix but no alcohol to put in it. Maybe we could meet halfway and have a drink.
And Sue, it's nice to meet you and glad you had a nice trip.
And Aly, Well I'm not even going to talk to you (lol).

I'm praying that your Grandmother will recuperate and be running around town asap.

But I don't think I could ever have a mai tai except for the ones that my favorite bartender Dave makes at one of our local chinese restaurants. I went there 2 weeks ago and found out he had left, so now I'll have to track him down at the one he went to. I heard his daughter opened up a restaurant, so definitely we'll have to go there... Trouble with mai tai's are the night sweats afterwards... and that's with a "weak" one. But still worth it! The only good part about my bad balance is that now I have a handicap plate to point to for it... blame it on that! :)

I feel very grateful for all my blessings... family, friends, work, pets, and all you folks!

Can we change the tea to virtual cocktails? And popcorn...

But, I digress...

Kim I hope your grandma will recuperate nicely. Ok what is that drink? I can't even pronounce it..lol

Its pronounced "My Tie"... very strong and yummy drink to have with chinese food, especially while one is sitting at the bar, watching the Red Sox on TV, eating appetizers, playing Keno...

Not sure of my favorite's recipe, but this is the basic one:
* 1 oz light rum
* 1/2 oz lime juice
* 1/2 oz orange curacao
* 1/2 oz orgeat syrup
* 1 oz dark rum
* maraschino cherry, orange slice and paper umbrella for garnish

Well Helen it certainly sounds good, where would you get the curacao, and the orgeat syrup?

kim- thanks for the well wishes. just got home. took my daughter out and did a little shopping. got myself a really cute top- a style i would NEVER had normally gotten- but i was feeling frisky so i went ahead and tried it. turns out it looks pretty nice. then of course they had a deal that if you spend $50 then you get free jewelry. got some earrings. my daughter got some lip gloss and some fashion boots. oooh i also got a new bra to go with the new top. strapless! kinda scarey but i did get a small cardigan to go over it. HATE my arms.
then we went out for supper. pretty nice evening. spent up almost all of my birthday money- but thats ok. i was told to spend it on something fun and not bills. so i did!

Joni, I just bought a bottle of the mix at a store called World Market. It's been on my shelf for a year it says you can mix it with like a sprite or ginger ale. I just haven't bought any. I guess I'm waiting for the warm months so I can sit on my wrap around porch in my adirondak chair and watch the freight trains go by.
And thanks to everyone for the prayers. She's a tough old bird but she does suffer from dementia from hardening of the arteries, so her memory is gone. There are times I call and she's coherent and other times she doesn't even remember who I am. It's my dad's mother and the matriarch of the Listman/Listmann family. My family had 17 brothers and 1 sister who came from Germany and she's the last one on both sides.
Well, I'm losing the computer to my kids. Love you all and good night!

Kim- I bet your grandma will be ok. She's from germany so she is one tough cookie. Will send her prayers, and some for you too-
Goodnight friend.

Oh Joni, big hug to you as well. How's it all going?

Jellycat, rest up for your guests.

Kimberely, sorry about your gran. Will pray for her. Plead talk to me lol!

Helen, get boozer for me. I am off the stuff, only had half a glass of wine in 6 weeks, not going to waste the calories. I prefer food :)

Just got home from taking my mum to her bone scan( has osteoporosis ). she is 78 and I couldn't keep up crossing the street:(.
Now off to Guitar. It never really stops with kids or parents.

Aly

Kim, I hope your grandmother does well--will be praying for her today.

Avril, praying for your busy day!

Liz, your shopping trip sounds successful--fun!

Helen, your MY TIE--was good? Ha--I love the new spelling and think we should keep it.

Again a BIG thanks to everyone for the prayers. My grandmother will have surgery at 9:00 tonight and it doesn't look too good. Do nothing and she will never walk again or do the surgery and she has a 50/50 chance of walking. Not very good odds but what are you supposed to do?
Aly, I will talk to you-life's too short to hold a grudge (lol). Can I at least stow away in your bag?
And Ann, my your the early bird aren't you. And the only reason I am up this early is it is pouring here and I have to make sure the buckets are in place for the rain that comes in through my roof.
I will be heading to Columbia for a dr's appt. That means I will be exhausted when I come home. Remember the days when we could do anything and everything, and now 1 trip and it takes 3 days to recover? I don't know what is better: Having to do everything around the house or being made to stay in the bed all day? Do you remember those days you wished you could stay in bed all day? Well, you know the old saying; Be careful what you wish for? I will remember to instill that in my children!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back