Diagnosis
07/2010
Country
UK
State
merseyside, England
City
St helens
Ive made a start on a website Fighting My Losing Battle - Homeplease take a look and let me know what you think its very similar to the blog ive been doing but as time goes on i hope to add plenty more things.

Any advice tips etc is more than welcome

Chris, it's wonderful. Love seeing your beautiful daughter, Hollie, by the way. Your blog is perfect, because it's like just sitting down and talking with you--very natural. You and Polly and Hollie (and the dear doggins) will have many good years, I hope with all my heart. Lots more carp fishing, :). And Chris, so good your family is united behind you. Thanks for posting your blog link!

Ann

Nice work Chris! Very well done!

Like the website - hate the name

Every day we stay alive is a victory

We may lose our ability to walk, hug, speak, eat on our own, breath on our own - but as long as we remain alive we are winning the battle.

The content and spirit of your website seems to be of hope and love. Your title taints and minimizes this spirit.

Don't mean to be harsh - but surviving ALS requires a lot of shifts in perspective and attitude. You appear to have right attitude to weather the storm - so why such a downer of a name?

PS. Love the dog. We have 3 beagles of our own (yes 3!)

Good luck

Great website Chris, keep on writing.

Like the website - hate the name

Every day we stay alive is a victory

We may lose our ability to walk, hug, speak, eat on our own, breath on our own - but as long as we remain alive we are winning the battle.

The content and spirit of your website seems to be of hope and love. Your title taints and minimizes this spirit.

Don't mean to be harsh - but surviving ALS requires a lot of shifts in perspective and attitude. You appear to have right attitude to weather the storm - so why such a downer of a name?

PS. Love the dog. We have 3 beagles of our own (yes 3!)

Good luck

Thanks for the comments :D

I personally like the name, i can see what you mean about us winning every day but to me the end result is we will lose. I focus on the fighting side of it, i will fight it all the way and not give up, it will be a battle, a tough one at that! I will not lose hope as there is always hope of a cure but unfortunatley im not likely to see it.

Wow 3 Beagles! you must be brave lol 1 is hard enough. My wife would love you ;-)

Chris - What a great website! Very well done. I love the pictures of your family and your dogs. Have a great day :smile:

Very honest story, Chris. And good name too. It is a losing battle. I think I'm losing my life by the inch. Anybody who doesn't realize ALS is killing us must not have the disease or they have a life with such great support it must be like living in a 5-star hotel in Hawaii. I don't have such a place. I'm living it in a 3-story house where I can't climb stairs. So the downstairs powder room is my disabled bathroom. And I have a hit or miss caretaker. It isn't fun and your website doesn't sugarcoat it either. Keep it up.
Carol

Very nice, down to earth. Well done all the way around 8)

Thanks fo the comments ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back