Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
aly- lol, you were born on his birthday and my best friend was born on his death day- the ides of March.
how odd.

Well it's 3.30 in the morning here. Just about to watch a movie! I read my last post. Sorry about all the mistakes. I will blame it on kitty walking on the computer keys.
I am flying to south island this morning for my first treatment naive ms patient, to teach self injection! The blind leading the blind. Hope I sound convincing. I am a bit nervous, hence the NO sleep.
Will take all day to fly there and back, only 2 hours with the patient then back on the plane. They aren't jets either. Boy I hate propellers!
Aly

Safe travels, Aly. Be rested up for our tea time tonight.

Aly, my Mom was born on July 12 (7/12) and my daughter was born on December 7 ((12/7)... ! Mom's 85? this year... going stronger than me I think.

"Please come to Boston for the springtime..." I don't recommend Boston in the summer, too hot and humid, but we have some really beautiful beaches. So you can all come and we'll have a gimpy girl party before I sell this old house... it actually may be sold by then, but it almost makes me want to keep it for another summer! Liz, tell us when you'll be visiting Chelmsford, and we'll all make plans to meet... and you can all stay with me whether I have this big ol' house or a smaller newer one. At least I know I'll have AC.

Have to go get some cleaning supplies, have a bunch of people coming over to help scour out the corners of this house to get it ready for showings.

Drink a cup of tea for me!

Can't believe you have to fly around like that for your job... must be really nice at times, and really suck at others.

Helen, bet you're very tired from all the cleaning, but hope you got lots accomplished! My Dad will turn 86 in August. He drives down and visits about every other month, but we talk regularly.

Aly, without sleep I hope you made out well today. We've been talking about injections. Phil has allergies to trees, weeds and ragweed, leaving only the dead of winter without the "evil nose". I used to give his mother allergy shots, but I'm sure he's going to have to go to town for his...assuming he does this. I hope you sleep deeply and well tonight...maybe lock the kitty out. (I realize kitty was on the computer, not bed.)

Hi all,
I am still around the place.
I have been very busy the last few days with a team of electricians in the place doing some work for me, work that i used to do, but cannot any more :sad::sad::sad:

Also some builders came to do some quotes for some work on the house.

So i have only had time to read the threads not post.
Jumping in now, waiting for more to come out shortly, even though it is Saturday, work around here is slow so they are all looking for new jobs to do.

Cheers

Peter

Nice to hear from you Peter, how's retirement, ( better read your thread )

A sitting at the airport in the lounge. My visit withe the MS lady went really well. I had her and her partner shooting the needle into a make believe skin, foam thing, till she got the hang of the gadget. There is a little gun that fires the needle in, but you still have to push the plunger. She managed well and after 1 1/2 hours, she gave herself the shot without a flinch. Stuffed her full of paracetemol and told her to " batten down the hatches" for thecpossible side effects.

Her house had to be up a steep driveway, then steps with no hand rail didn't it! It's times like that I realize I am not who I used to be :). After sitting on her couch for so long I also seized up, had to explain to her that I had a " neuro thing as well" . That's all I said. Ha ha

Hubby said he want Sam and I to join him in Honolulu, and he would stay an extra week. Hmmm might be nice or I could " bank" the money and fly to Boston. I checked out the airfare and it's about $2400nz return. I mentioned my idea of meeting up with forum friends. He thinks this site is full of nutty Americans:), so I ducked......he didn't seem to mind my idea at all, in fact he just started talking about the routes to get there! Wow.
I could combine it with going to UK in July. Go Auckland to Boston, then Boston to London. Just maybevthis will happen. You only live once now don't you?
Food for thought.........
Hubbies been really nice. I left my wallet at home and he drove out to the airport with it.

How exciting.
Aly

Aly, I am glad you had a safe trip there....now lets get you home.
Alright Ladies, I have a big question for those who are/have gone through menopause. I have been having my menstrual cycle every 21 days for about the last year, then was 69 days between this last one. When it came, ir came with a vengeance. I basically was hemorrhaging and have been unable to go anywhere for the last 3 days. I actually felt dizzy everytime I had to get up and go to the bathroom. So has anyone gone through this and is it menopause. I will be honest, I didn't miss it in the least. Wished it were gone. Thanks for your replies.

ok, not to menopause yet, but have some knowledge. i have often heard of it coming back with a vengeance after not having it for awhile. that is normal. however, feeling dizzy or faint upon standing isnt a good thing. you could be losing too much blood.

Thanks Liz, I know that I was losing too much. It's not normal to have to change your clothes every hour. Just didn't want to waste the money to see the dr plus wouldn't be able to get in anyway.

And Liz, to change the subject you're the caregiver to your boyfriend?

Last edited:
honestly, if you are truly having to change clothes every hour, you need to go to the ER.

Unfortunately, our ER is used as an extended drs office. And the last time I went spent 12 hrs. i figured I would call our local urgent care for some answers tomorrow.

i would then suggest being as lazy as possible and make sure to eat and drink well until you can get in.
you know what i hate? when i make really good friends on here, but then i look and they are half the country or half the world away from me. but i want to be right there so i could actually physically help.

But Liz, you do help! Having someone to talk to is the most important thing especially for me. I have no real friends here. I have neighbors that I have helped over the years, but I don't really consider them my friends. And because I have stayed at home with my kids, I never made business acquaintances either. And all my neighbors are 65+. We have just sort of just stayed in our little world. I guess I was too busy raising the kids and now that they have gotten older, realized friends were missing in my life. And it's really hard to make friends now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back