Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you Helen. yes. my bday is next tuesday. ugh....

Liz, in my case "rubbery lips" means very sloppy smooches (among other things :wink:).

oh boy Barry. now youve got me wondering what these other things are.... hmmmm.
sloppy kisses are sometimes fun... and if you dont think so, well then- just pull out the suction machine first!

Caroline I wish our hospital had the hunks on grey's anatomy. MMMM Why all the talk on rubber lips? Barry:) Me and the six year old went and had a pedicure...compliments of my daughter. They have the cutest little chairs for the little girls, Hello kitty. She thinks she is the stuff now.I don't know of anyone's lips bigger than Mick Jaggers.

Gosh , maybe we need a separate thread called. 100 ideas to kill...... I mean a 100 ways to stay in love. Now if we all put our finances together, we could share Barry. Anyone remember his gorgeous legs. A bit kinky, but we could manage him!

I never liked Rolling stones or Aerosmith. I was a Toto, eagles, Lionel Richie, Dan Fogelburg kinda girl. Now I love Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, and hate to say it. glee songs. I am going to be 50 in July, so I really shouldn't admit that!

Gosh Liz. My eldest daughter is 26 later this year. You make ME feel old.

Helen, sounds like you have been busy.Glad the moneys come together for the trip. I would love to see Alaska.

Just a note to Helen and Kimberley. The CSI guys always catch the K......er.:)
Olly. Glad you sound better, hope that son of yours is now all better.

Aly

Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Boz Scaggs was my very first concert I ever went to... the Eagles were the headliner, Fleetwood Mac had just released their Rhiannon album... also saw U2, Rolling Stones, Crosby Stills & Nash (no Young), Linda Ronstadt, did I mention Eagles? Moody Blues (when they reunited), Stevie Ray Vaughn, the Pretenders, Arlo Guthrie, Joe Cocker, Roy Orbison, and of course, Jimmy Buffet! I also saw Michael Jackson's Thriller video the night it was released in a local club, that was pretty cool.

The last concert I went to we did it in style: I bought tickets for another couple and my husband and I to go to the reunion of the Eagles, we were going to rent a limo and have a really nice evening... until all of my hubby's siblings decided they were going to, and if you knew them, you knew that was instant chaos. They decided that they would rent the limo, etc. and it all got changed for the worse! So I decided to turn the tables on my hubby (who ALWAYS drank alot), and I got totally trashed on wine... or so HE thought! Since we had the limo, and his family took over the entire evening, I decided to drink wine (they had wine and beer on sale, and I never liked beer) and just went where I felt like it! I felt SUCH power that he was chasing after me the whole evening, never knew what hit him. I ended up having a blast, but definitely was out of revenge... :)

Now I go to lots of school concerts, choruses and bands... much easier to get to! And a whole lot cheaper at that, though it still pisses me off that they charge the parents at the high school to watch like 8 concerts a year... Not like we don't pay more than enough taxes in the first place!

Better get to work, have a great day everyone!

Helen

helen
i am so jealous! i wish i couldve seen all those groups! i did, however, see Eric Clapton last summer.
THAT WAS AMAZING

I was a "Punk" rocker back in the day(late 70s early 80s) and had the opportunity to see a lot of bands BEFORE they made it big. Saw them in bar settings, no more than 1500 people. A partial list. The Police, DEVO, REM, U2, Blondie, Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, and I also saw Bob Marley on his last tour. Those were the days!

LORI- now im jealous of you too!

Aly- i think you were right in that PM. i believe that was first class. as i told you, i have never flown, so i dont even know how to really look up prices for flights! unfortunately it would still take me years to save that sort of money.
but at least now ive got a new place to dream about! i just cant get over the beauty of NZ.
what are your winters like there? i have also never seen the ocean. man i have alot of living to do!

The Ramones! That's one of the groups I couldn't remember the name of, but saw them at the Shubert Theatre in Boston, very small venue, awesome seats in the balcony. That's where I saw the Pretenders, and also a stage production of Grease.Question for all: If you could see one band/group/singer, who would want to see? I'm debating between Frank Sinatra, Beatles, or ___________?

Liz, you haven't ever seen the ocean? We can fix that! Come visit me this summer, I'll take you down to "Old Cape Cod", or up to Maine. Until I sell my house, I have lots of room (lots of chaos too)... and my daughter would love someone your age to go around Boston with... she's 17 going on 30 I think. I'm about a 22 miles from downtown Boston, and about an hour and half from the Cape. I forget who it is off the top of my head, but someone on this forum lives in Maine, and someone else in NH. Maybe we could have a gimpy girl day and go somewhere... I guess you'll have to walk slow to keep up with us.

Did you know that the water temperature off the coast of New Brunswick, Canada is warmer than it is in New Hampshire or Maine? The Gulf Stream goes really close to the Canadian coast, but we're not so lucky. Our water up north is cold! The Cape is much warmer, and the beaches are gorgeous. Just too many (&@$&% people on it! My brother and his wife are Capies now, so we could also go visit them. Although he's always got some part of his old house torn apart to redo. She's an artist, makes primitives/dolls, which are absolutely wonderful. She usually has one on ebay, look under primitive dolls, you'll probably find one of hers.

Well, its snowing again, luckily nothing sticking to anything, though its raw outside. Gotta get back to work!

Helen

Helen- thank you so much for the offer. as a matter of fact, i may be coming to MA this summer or fall! i have a friend who lives there- chelmsford i believe- and i am planning on going out there to meet him for the first time. we met on a different forum and have talked almost daily for over a year now.
it would be great if we could get together! and dont worry about me having to walk slow- i already do. probably part of the reason why i need to lose weight. i just dont move much anymore...

You won't be that far from where I live then! I used to work in Lowell, which is the next city over from Chelmsford. Most of my in-laws live in that area. And you won't be that far from the beaches in Mass and NH, so you'll have to check them out. Go to Newburyport, MA, and to Plum Island (which you can drive out to) which are two of my favorite areas. If you haven't tried lobster, you'll definitely be in for a treat, we have the best in northern New England (something to do with the colder water)...

I really hope you're able to come out this summer, we should have a field trip... (and you're still invited to stay here if you'd like to!)

Back to work...

thats another thing i havent done- try lobster! oh my gosh. think i need to start a list...
of course we have it here in WI, but im sure its nothing like out by you. My friend who lives out there is always obessing about how good the seafood is. he goes to some place that is a lighthouse or something... i dont know.
i will mention to him the places that you have said and see if we can fit that into our travels.
im excited! we might really be able to make this happen.

Good! And always look forward to your birthdays! Now I want to go to a local pub for the best lobster roll around... yum! I'll will have to wait until tomorrow for that lobster roll, after I ship my younger son off to camping with the boy scouts for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back