Interest in very easy cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. That sounds heavenly Barry! I wish we could enjoy that together with everyone!

I love meatloaf sandwiches, too. Phil doesn't get it... but then he only likes hot sandwiches. Cold meatloaf works for me. It has to be lean, however. Seeing congealed grease is disgusting.

Ann- I have a really good recipe for meatloaf too, but I dont want to post it if it would bother you (seeings how you just posted one for meat loaf). But now that I am thinking of it, i dont know if I would consider it "easy cooking"... maybe i need to think before i speak/type...
duh.

Liz, by all means, do post it. I never meant this to be "my thread" but one for anyone's easy recipes. I know what you mean about having to look the recipe over first. If it's one I've used a lot it may seem easy... Phil is my guinea pig for trying out the easy ones. (and he hasn't tried all the ones I've posted here). If he tells me it was easy, I know it is one to share.

For a good but not easy recipe, there is also the "Here's what's Cookin' in my kitchen" thread.

Thanks Ann. I think I will post it there, as there are alot of ingredients and may not be the easiest.

I have a cook book that has nothing but recipies with only 3 ingredients. I use it often.Sticky Chicky - 30 chicken wings, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup soy sauce. Wash wings and cut into sections(or just buy drumettes) Spray 9 x 13 inch pan, pour in hone and soy sauce and mix in the pan. Arrange wings over mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours. Turn after 1 hour, so both sides will be "sticky". Bake in the same pan at 375F for 45 minutes , turning occasionally.

We also have a range of cook books that have been developed by a couple of house wives that have 4 ingredients. They have a web site just "giggle" 4ingredients to find out all about them.

Cheers
Peter

Colleen and Peter, thank you both. Lots of new ideas to explore!

Mexican Lasagna

1 pound ground lean meat--beef or chicken
1/2 onion, chopped
16 ounces Tomato Sauce (or if not available in that size, 15 oz.)
1 can Black Beans, about 16 oz.
1-8 ounce can whole kernel corn (or half of a regular sized can)
1-4 oz. can green chilies
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Oregano flakes
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

6 whole wheat tortillas
1 cup shredded cheese, divided in half
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brown meat and onion in a large skillet (We used 12 inch diameter); drain off any excess fat. Drain and rinse black beans. Drain corn and chilies. Add Tomato sauce, beans, corn, chilies and all seasonings (herbs and spices) to the pan of meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer five minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly oil a 9 by 12 baking dish. Spread half the meat mixture on the dish. Place 3 Tortillas on top--may want to cut one in half to cover the dish better. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and spread around the dish. Then, layer again--the rest of the meat mixture followed by the last 3 Tortillas, and the rest of the cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes or until heated through.

The recipe says it serves 12. I think maybe 6 is more realistic...

Lori that looks good, let me know if you do how it taste.

I hope one of you does try that recipe. I think it looks great! Phil has ODd on pasta, unfortunately and is avoiding all pasta. So do try it and let us know how it turns out--I'm guessing it'll be wonderful.

How about cooking spinach and after buttering and seasoning it, press it in a flat casserole and melt mozzarella cheese on top. Cut in squares to serve.... yummie! It's one of my favorites at the local Chinese buffets. That's where I got the idea. So simple and good for you too.

It's St. Patrick's Day..........An easy delicious way to cook cabbage. Cut cabbage up in small pieces and place in a saucepan . Drizzle milk or cream over it, just enough to cover the bottom of the saucepan, and add a sprinkle of nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, covered, and let simmer for a half hour, stirring occasionally. You will find that you don't taste nutmeg, but the cabbage is like it has butter in it. No seasonings or butter needed! Something happens between the cabbage, milk, and nutmeg that is marvelous!

Made Rick one of his favorites today. He's a diabetic, but he can have this for dessert. Raisins, walnuts and apple with the skin on, tossed with a little mayonaise. Simple.... eat it till it's gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back