alex scared

Distinguished member
Country
UK
State
dorset
City
dorchester
hi all . . Sorry for use delay but my internet access has been restrictd . Sorry again . . Anyway my emg result . my neuro met me on friday morning and told me that my emg came back with no abnormalities , and that i could be reassured by this . . The first thing i asked was does this count as clean. . (not a term that neurologist seemed to like ) but he responded that there was nothing apparent from it . . Cannot tell you how relieved this made me feel . .but as the breathing and speech matters get seemingly worse i am still wondering what is happening ? ? He answed that maybe the mri would reveal some thing . . Find out next week what the result is . . He also said that he would like to monitor me and suggested another emg in a few months . . All in all i am relieved mightily . . :) i asked flat out if this would rule out a mn problem and he said that considering that a lot of my symptoms appeared lmn in appearance then if it was due to mn problem then quite simply it would of been very apparent on the Emg . . He still agrees that something is going on with me but for now mnd/als would be highly unlikely with a normal emg . . . I am no closer to finding out what is going on (small price to pay for clean Emg) . . Lastly to all my friends here that wished me luck and have kept me sane (anne , roderick , robynblue ,blizna, ted etc ) thanks guys . . God bless and love to all . . Alex

Alex that is FANTASTIC news! Definitely a reason to celebrate. With the amount of time from your last EMG I would definitely say if was ALS as your Neuro said it would have begun to show up on the EMG. I know you are still understandably frustrated about the unexplained symptoms but it seems like your Dr is going to continue to follow up and figure out what is going on. I have come to learn that being a Dr. is a lot like being a Detective, you rule out the obvious first and then you keep investigating based on experience and likely scenarios until you have ruled out everything else out and are able to come to a solid conclusion. I know we expect Dr's just to know what is wrong but as we have all learned it is not that easy.

Please continue to keep us posted and we will continue to pray the they figure out what is going on and that there is a simple solution!

Very hapy for you!

ted thank you . .i will still be around to help others on the "do i "thread
i guess that i am still a little confused as to what is happening to me . . But frustrated is not something i would like to say . . Cos there are people here that would love to have a clean emg and it would be wrong of me to be frustrated about it ? Does that make sense ? ? . .

Makes great sense, and while you are right any PALS would love to have a clean EMG it does not change the fact that you are no closer to your diagnosis. So while you should be thrilled that ALS has been ruled out is would be understandable for you to not only be confused but frustrated as well. Just because your situation is differnent then ours it does not make yours any less real.

Glad you are choosing to stick around and help others and we will still be here to support you as well.

Dear Alex...I am so glad for your test result today. You must be very special to be so different. If we ALSers are Zebras, you must be an aardvark. I wish you were a horse... a Clydesdale, of course.
Hugs, and thank you for the report--
Ann xo

Alex I was sooo scared to read your post. I just did not want to read bad news. But IT WASNT yay. I however know your frustrations, when your life is altered dramatically with no apparent answer its really hard. You are right its not as hard as being diagnosed with ALS but its a very different sort of hard. I know many people on the PLS forum have and are still going through the frustration.
I have had an emg and just wished it would show something. My first one showed axonal neuropathy but the 2 after that did not. Its all so so confusing.
But Oh I am just so happy for you as well.
Your friend Aly

Alex my friend, I am sooooo happy for you. I was checking the site every half hour for you to post all weekend, LOL. I know its hard having symptoms and not have a name for it or a cause, I've had too big a dose of that myself for the past year. It's not a fun place to be in limbo land because on occasion (more times than not) it can make you question your own sanity, but I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason", so we just try to keep moving forward as much as we can till we run rite into it:shock:

Congratulations on your clean EMG friend.:D

Take care Alex, talk soon.

Robynn:grin:

Amazing! Like Robynn, I was checking the site every hour or two during the weekend. I must admit I was kind of affraid (breathing problems, slurred speech and tongue fasciculations) to read your results but this was the best news, it is really great. I am so happy for you! Hope they will find the cause for your problems soon.

Sounds like you are in competent hands, Alex. I'm sure this doctor will get to the bottom of things for you. Let's hope this is something that is treatable and better yet, curable.

Alex that is GREAT NEWS. You do not have ALS praise God!

Great news Alex - happy for you!

I'm so happy for you! Best from Sweden!

Dear Alex,
I am so happy for you.I am glad your MD is still following up.
blessings,Pat

Oh Alex,
That is good news! Like others who have already written I have been wondering about your result over the weekend, checking now and then to see. I was riding home this afternoon and reminded myself to check again as soon as I got in the door. And, also like others, I admit I was worried about what it would say! Well; thank God.

I liked Ted's comments too: there is still something going on, and the path can be a long one to find a result. Hope that you will hang around and keep in touch with us all mate!

Blessings.

Alex, WONDERFUL! Don't pin your hopes on the mri giving enough definitive info though, sometimes the road to answers is long. Hang in there, and take time to enjoy the good news that you received from the EMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back