View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 AM #7 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Raleigh
State: NC
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
trfogey is on a very distinguished road
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Raleigh
State: NC
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
trfogey is on a very distinguished road
Default Re: Is this atrophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp504 View Post
Because of the dent? And because of my twitching though I have that all over my body. I clearly need to do more reading but i figured asking some questions couldn't hurt. If it were atrophy im assuming I would have extreme weakness seeing as how big the dent is. Thanks for all the replies.
You don't need to do more reading -- you need to do more consulting with your family practice doctor. When you don't understand what you read about medical things on the Internet, it can lead you to do foolish things like posting pictures of yourself on the Internet for a bunch of strangers who can't answer your questions and have no interest in seeing pictures of your body. Consulting with your family practice physician, on the other hand, will get you the answers you seek and, should something prove to actually be wrong with you, you'll get some direction to the real help you need.

And, for the record, your bodywide twitching isn't a symptom of ALS, either. ALS doesn't start like that . Furthermore, if your twitches were ALS-induced, you would be noticing some clinical weakness by now.

If you really must look for information on the Internet, try searching for information about "benign fasciculation syndrome", or BFS. I think you'll find that your symptoms match up with BFS much better than they do with ALS and BFS is a far less frightening (and disabling) condition.

Good luck to you.