Status
Not open for further replies.

karen28

My name is karen and i'm 28 years old and i have been touched by A.L.S. in so many ways. The first time was a woman named Sue Rodriguez and her story, that same year i was pregnant with my son and was writing a essay on it for school. It touched me deeply, on my 18 birthday she died. I felt sad for her family.
Later that year my own father was diagnosed with A.L.S.....My world fell apart. I had a child who was 2 and he couldn't understandwhat was going on with his papa. and I felt like I had no support. 3 years later my father passed away only 3 days before his 52 birthday.

Iwas there the night he passed away, and its taken almost 7 years to be able to talk about it. Now that I have learned so much about this illness
it is getting easier to let go of the hurt and the anger.

My son is now 12 and he remembers his grandfather and the illness and i want people to know that children have there own special way of dealing with it and that they will be o.k.

My only fear is that one day I may be told that I have it , but lets hope that there will be a treatment or even a cure!

Hi Karen,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that a cure is found quickly.

Best wishes, SoniaT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back