Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
my son found a lump in his chest some weeks ago and on wednesday went to his gp to get it checked out.
i said it was probably a cyst but his gp said no as it is a hard painless lump and he seemed quite concerned.
on the friday he got an appointment to go next wednesday to the cancer diognostic clinic for an ultra sound and biopsy.
i was supprised how quick they were but then they dont mess around with things like this.
we are trying not to worry and hope that its something benign.
he is my only child,the one i was told i could never have.
please keep him in your prayers.

My thoughts are with you and really hope its nothing bad x

My prayers are with you and your family. I hope all goes well. I have children and could never imagine that. Best of luck to you and your family

Will keep you guys in my thoughts. Hope everything turns out ok. Sorry to hear of this.

Caroline, I will keep both your son and you in prayer. (((HUGS))))
Ann

I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers.

Caroline. Thinking of you and your son during this worrying time.

My neighbor asked me the other day, how old our children are when, we, as mothers, stop worrying so much about our children. I thought it an odd question " never" .

Love Aly

Praying for sure!

I am praying that your son gets a good, benign diagnosis.
blessings, Pat

hi,thankyou so much for keeping us in your thoughts.
i did not have time to fully explain the situation this morning but here goes.

the hard mass is in his left breast area and the doctor measured it as 12mm in width and part of the soft tissue.
as i said his gp said it does not feel like a cyst and is painless,i told my son to ask him if it could be hormonal but his gp said he was not convinced.
gynecomastia is the hormonal cause and is seen in pubeseant teenage boys or elder men,it involves breast tenderness and enlargement.
my son is 22yrs in a few wks and has none of the signs or symptoms of gynecomastia.
male breast cancer is very rare i know but his gp asked about family cancer history and said it could not be ruled out.
cancer is common on my mums side of the family and i had cervical cancer at 23yrs of age which is very young.
it would be rare for him to have it with no swelling of breast and on just one side as it generally effects both breasts.
i found out today that underlying tumours else where in the body or certain deseases can cause a breast lump.
more alarming is it can be a sign of renal failure..............my son has kidney impairment due to a virus when he was 16yrs old.
he had to go for yearly function tests but has not been back for the past 2yrs since moving home.
i will mention this at his appointment.

i,m trying not to panic but there are only a few things it could be ,given his age and the doctors examination it seems rare.
we are so glad they have reacted so quickly in trying to diagnose it and hopefully we may have some answers next week.

thankyou for letting me frett.

Go Frett Caroline. That is one of the best things about this forum. You can tell people stuff and it stays in the computer. When my daughter tried to kill herself the other day, I would have exploded if it was not for this forum. It is a wonderful place (most of the time).

Thinking of you my friend
Aly

Caroline-
I agree with Aly- when it comes to our children, we will always worry! Frett away; totally understandable!
Now I am going to tell you what you already know (please don't be offended): don't go to "Dr. G"; wait until he sees the dr.

And, I will definitely keep him in my prayers.
Sending a big hug across the pond! Mare

aly,that is terrible to hear and you must soooo stressed out with worry.
you never stop worrying,my mum worries over me .
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

mare ,lol i have purposely avoided looking up possibilities of cancer on dr g.
i did look into the hormonal cause thinking i would find a perfectly reasonable explanation but as i said it does not fit my son and if it happened to be so it would be rare and caused by an underlying condition..............hence my panicking.

Our children, no matter how old they are, are the most precious people in our lives. Fretting comes with the territory. Prayers are with you and your son!

Mary

I'm pulling for you and your son, Caroline. I'm hoping they discover it's just an old marshmellow left undigested that slid down the wrong tube (or something...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back