Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
tx
City
Houston
Does anyone know where I can find the information that explains how 50%-60% of motor neurons are dead before symptoms begin.

I've tried the search feature but can't seem to locate it. I don't think theres an acutal thread about it just somewhere where someone gave an explanation.

Let me give it a try. Thanks.

Does anyone know where I can find the information that explains how 50%-60% of motor neurons are dead before symptoms begin.

I believe that statement is only true of lower motor neuron pathology and refers to the degree of damage necessary to cause clinical weakness in a specific muscle, rather than a general statement of systemic parameters.

I had asked my neuro about this one time and he agreed it was a true statement for PLS. He just didn't get into the science behind it.

neuro say husband has "Suggestive but not diagnostic MND? anyone else have this in the beginning?

neuro say husband has "Suggestive but not diagnostic MND? anyone else have this in the beginning?

Welcome to the group!
you might want to post your own thread and ask it on the "do I have als" board, that way you will get more answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back