Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Orange County
is this really bad? i'm a little scared... i'm only 15 years old, and although my mom is not like the other conventional mothers out there, i still need her!

Casey,
Is your mom in the hospital? I know that you're very scared. I have a 17 year old daughter and she worried so much everytime my husband would have anything go wrong. If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.
Chris

sorry to hear about your mom with all the antibiotics out there I am sure your mom will get the best of care hang in there Ill pray for her pat

Casey,
Pneumonia is quite serious but it is also VERY treatable now. My husband has had 3 bouts of pneumonia inn the past year and we have treated him here at home with a visiting nurse and he has pulled through each time.
We will be thinking of you and hoping for the best--good luck, Beth

Hi Casey. I am glad you found us. Hope your Mom is doing a little better this evening, but if not she should pick up soon once the meds kick in. She sounds like a great lady. I like the way you describe her as not the conventional sort. Write back when you have time and let us know how she is doing. Cindy

thank you everyone, I really do appreciate it. she is in the hospital and has been since friday (what's the normal hospital stay length for pnemonia patients?).

this forum is wonderful and supportive, and everyone here is wonderful.

the course of time in the hospital is up to the patients response to the meds it usually 5 to 10 days . she is in the best place right now .good luck and write us about moms progression pat

Hi Casey. Tell your mom you have a new bunch of friends pulling for her.
AL.

Hi Casey

Hi Casey:

I am glad that you found our Little House on the Prairie, the way I like to call these forums, hang in there, I'll be praying for your mom and you.

With love,

Paty
Husband's caregiver
Baja California, Mexico

P.D. LIKE LUNARRUNA TOLD YOU PNEUMONIA IS VERY TREATABLE NOWADAYS, I REMEMBER BACK ABOUT 30 YRS AGO MY FATHER HAD IT AND HE REFUSED TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL AND A NURSE AND I TOOK CARE OF HIM AT HOME AND HE GOT WELL.

IN THESE DAYS THERE ARE MORE RESOURCES IN HEALTH CARE.

DON'T LOOSE HOPE :)

Hi Casey,
I hope that your mom is doing better. You and your family are in our prayers.

Chris

Thank you everyone, really! The pnemonia is gone (for the most part) and she was transferred to another hospital this morning. I'm not exactly sure why they moved her, I don't get told much by the doctors. It is a better hospital, but bad for my family and I. It's nearly 45 minutes away from where we live, whereas the first hospital was just a short 10 minute drive.

I really appreciate all your support and prayers and positive thoughts. :smile:

Hi Casey. Glad to know your Mom is doing better. Too bad the new hospital is so far away. Who else is helping you guys? Is Dad around, or maybe an Aunt or Grandma? You should tell this other adult that you need to know more about what is happening with your Mom. You are old enough now to be feeling frightened and lost without real information. Just my opinion...Cindy

Casey I Havent heard from you in a while hows mom is she home Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back