Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
ma.
City
halifax
as you know my son has ALS/MND and has been falling a lot lately i call 2 days ago and she was very upset could hear her voice cracking and about to cry she said my dad fell it is the worst one so far and i am trying not to cry i told her it was OK to cry ... guess he forgot he couldn't run anymore came out of the store saw a friend and was calling to him he wanted to catch up with him but he fell half on the sidewalk and half in the parking lot face down head landed under a car ( now that i think of it i hope it was parked but that wouldn't make sense ) it really scared her ... so today they were home and the dog knocked him down his wife and my granddaughter got him up ... she decided she has had enough of him falling ( stubborn man he is don't want to give into the walker yet ) she went and got a string of some kind and 2 lock hook ( like how dog collar to a leash ) she tied one onto the walker and cliped it then turned around and tied the other to his clothes and locked that up to .. lol ... so no matter what when he went to walk the walker went with him so it ended up he use it or it was just holding him back ... she turned 15 in October and has just proved to me she is definitely his daughter ( he made a weight lifting bench when he was 15 out of milk crates , popsicle sticks , and elastics ) their mind works the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: i have to laugh

So very cool! "You go GiRL!"

What a great idea. :) What a clever granddaughter! :) :)

Cute story. It sounds like your son is doing quite well for a year and a half into his diagnosis.

john compared to some he is doing good but not slow enough for me and never would be ....
brooksea and ladyinn she is slick as her dad was she knew he couldn't use his hands to undo it
it made me laugh at such a sad situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back