View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 AM #14 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Abbotsford
State: BC
Diagnosed: 09/2005
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
joelc is on a very distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: Abbotsford
State: BC
Diagnosed: 09/2005
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
joelc is on a very distinguished road
Default Re: BiPAP woes, and what I've learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose View Post
Pat,

Yes, thank you for taking the time to post this. It will help many.

... And, having experienced BiPAP with, and without the AVAP technology, I can say it does make me feel better to have the AVAP. In the start of this thread I'd mentioned how I was getting headaches, multiple times throughout the night, and it seemed to be related to if I let my head turn at all, to where my neck was at an angle. When the old BiPAP died, I questioned whether the headaches could have been due to the machine starting to malfunction. If it was not because of this (and it probably wasn't) then its the AVAP which is making the difference for me now. For the record, I have not gotten a headache since using the new machine, and for the last few months leading up to my bipap conking out, they were a several times a night occurrence. Last Wednesday morning when I woke up after using the new machine for the first night, I felt refreshed, and realized it had been a loooong time since I'd felt that way.
I am so glad the new AVAP is working for you! I went through the same experience so know what a difference it makes and how much better you feel in the morning. Great news!