Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
wi
City
brown deer
i can't seem to bring up the mucous in my throat...any suggestions? also, is this is a sign of something new in my progression?

Dear CPMK,
I attended an ALS conference this wk end and the advice they gave for thick saliva
is to drink plenty of fluids,get a cough insuflattor to help get the secretions up and use
guaifenesin ( as in Mucous Relief or Mucinex) to thin secretions. I also use saline nasal
spray which also helps with dryness of mucous membranes(I am on BiPap much of the time).
Hope this helps. Pat

There is lots of info on the forum about this. Do a search. We use liquid mucinex for children, crushed papaya rubbed on the back of the tongue, cough assist, robinol....this and we still suction frequently. I would love some NEW ideas.

I go way back there with my suction machine. Just had to experiment with it until I could get around the gag reflex.

My physio brought a small vibrator to use on chest and back to help loosen the gunk. She also taught my wife how to clap me like they used to do with CF kids. Might find a demo on you tube under chest percussion.

AL.

Checked and it's on you tube.

AL.

I've noticed sugar makes mine worse (bummer for me as I LOVE me a Snickers:)...agree musinex and other over the counter stuff seems to help

I am starting to have these symptoms as well. I am going to try the liquid mucinex and a nasal spray for moisture as my sinus are dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back