Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Va
City
Woodbridge
I woke up this morning around 5am went back to sleep,got up at 6 to take my meds in the morning,which I take on the hour for the next 4hrs,well between 7 & 8 I fell back asleep and then I got up, Now I can hardley move from the chest up,every thing feels heavy and my hands are tingling like mad,wasn't like this when I got up,don't even know if I want to try to get out of bed,my legs seem ok so maybe I'll at least try to get to the bathroom,I'm even having trouble typing this,so I think I'll stay up all night and see what happens,do any of you experience any thing like this?I would like to know if this is normal or not.Thanks!

sorry you had trouble when you woke up ... i hope things are better for you now ... im new to this site and my husband just recently got a first diagnosis of ALS ... so i cant really say about problems waking up ... since the diagnosis my husband stays up very late every night ... which is not his normal ...

I pray you are feeling better !
Lori

Ugh! My husband stays up late, too! It is not normal for him either.

I tjhink it might have something to do with being told 80% of patients die in their sleep. Kind of makes you afraid to go to sleep. Irrational ? Possibly, but scary just the same.

AL.

Sounds like a nice way to go and I am not trying to be smart. I would love to go that way.

I think the reason we stay up later or don't sleep is that we are more aware of what's going on with our bodys,in the darkness and quiet we're more aware of every little thing,like now,I woke at 4am and can't get back to sleep.I don't feel tired I just lay their aware of everything,that's when your mind messes with you,you hear your heartbeat,breathing and feel everything,with me it's the fact that when I get up in the morning I'm gonna feel worse than the day before.During the day it's not so bad because other thing distract me and to a point get my mind off things.Maybe in time we'll all learn how to control this....I Hope.

I feel that way sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back