Not open for further replies.

the_light_one

Country
US
State
kansas
City
arma
Hi i am a 21 year old male, everything first started with me being ill, i went to the emergency room twice being ill and the only thing they found was strep throat and i was prescribed antibiotics for this, i had been sick for a moderately long time starting last september, it ranged from headaches to body wide aches, the back of my neck felt on fire at points and so hot, i put a cold rag on it to keep me cool, i was nauseous all the time not feeling like being able to eat, i had a long episode of dizziness and light headedness. At point's i had difficulty just walking around the house because i felt so dizzy, all the symptoms started going away, and then i started getting muscle fasciculations in my legs if i remember right, then they started spreading body wide. A couple times when i took a hot shower i had felt tingly in my fingers and hands, mostly index fingers. I get burning sensations on various parts of my skin, mostly on tops and bottoms of hands and fingers, some on feet, and in between shoulder blades. For a while i was having difficulty swallowing, i believe acid reflux played a part, because i have a sensitive stomach. But now i've lost so much weight and apparent muscle loss, my arms are very skinny, and when i flex with arms extended the inside of my arms dent in. the back of my hand's have sunken in also, i feel weak, i'm still trying to do thing's even though i feel weak, like i went to the bar and danced a little last night and my leg's got weak and trembly and my hand was trembly holding the bottle cap. My hand's have a tremor most of the day, i can still open bottles, etc... but after my hands feel somewhat strained and up my forearm, i don't really have any difficulty walking or getting around. My legs have gotten smaller as well and the tops of my feet are somewhat sunken in.

I don't really have the money to see a neurologist, i have been sick for a while and unemployed and have not been able to make a check, no insurance, so i'm trying to save money here and there, what is everyones opinion?

Right off the top I can tell you that you do not have ALS. Give it time and you should start feeling better.

That is not a symptom of ALS.

is there anything, that anyone could enlighten me to what it might possibly be?

Don't know how you health system works, but a trip to a Doctor is what you require.

It could be something autoimmune and treatable, but that opinion is worth what you paid for it.

Only a doc will figure it out. Best wishes.

You don't have ALS. If you can't afford a doctor you should sell your computer to finance the doc and that would also stop you from freaking out about your problems. Just my thoughts on your situation. I hope you're not offended.

AL.

not at all offended, i respect each and every one of your opinions and i respect all of you here, what you have to say, thank you for your advice :)

It is definitely not ALS. Please understand none of us are Dr's. Our knowledge comes from our own experience, our numerous Dr visits and the research we have done on our own. None of us are qualified to diagnose you. My advice to you is to see a Dr. as quickly as possible. Self diagnosis is a very dangerous and unhealthy prospect.

still having the horrible twitching everywhere, and still muscle atrophy, haven't been able to sleep very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back