Life is a Voyage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Mike, Liz, AL and everybody! I think the weather metaphor also fits for this thread. Some days it is unbearably cold, other days it pours, and other days it is warm and sunny. It is OK to acknowledge the discomfort and unpredictability. It is even OK to complain a bit. But we are smart not to let it overtake us. We've said it before: we can define our own attitude.

vantec said:
I finally found the combination of medications that will let your husband sleep. I have ALS, and had many nights where I could not sleep the whole night, up for more than 36 hours.

One tablet Soma 325mg, one tablet 2mg Xanax, two tablets 100mg Trazodone. I can get up to six hours of sleep, with these medications.

I hope it will help him.

Conrad

Hey, Conrad
Thanks for all the info. My husband and I will check out these meds with his doctor and see if he can take them and that they don't counter act with what he is taking already. Thanks again
Musicsmiles

Hi Barbie4,

One thing I am learning is that it is very difficult (if not impossible) to change someone's outlook if they are too deeply rooted in their pain, and not motivated to change their perspective. I would say to you that life seems to randomly distribute various circumstances to people. You can't think in terms of the way things should be, or used to be. I try to deal only with the present moment. The only circumstance I really have any control over. I have decided to take the situation I have been dealt as a challenge, to turn difficult circumstances into a tool to forge myself into a better person, to find a way to make a brighter reality for those around me. All you can do is be a positive example.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back