Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
WV
City
Fairmont
...by a site called "MD" that offered "live" doctor's advice for the up-front sum of $14 dollars (or more) for each reply. Was I stupid to fall for it? Yes. Did I get so-called "expert advice" that amounted to no more than a basic Wiki search, and 90% less information and helpfulness than what I've found by reading through this forum? You bet. Did this site get my money by betting on the fact that I'm scared for my sister and desparate for any information I can get? Well, sure, that's the point. So for those of you feeling that you may be wasting your time answering the same concerns and questions for the hundredth time or more, I do sympathize with your point-- but here's an example of the good that you do by those answers. Some of us come here not realistically expecting you to diagnose us as a doctor would, but to provide as much real-life stories/information as we can get. In doing that, you provide an invaluable service, whether or not it turns out to be ALS or not.

Just my perspective and regards,
Kohler

You just confirmed what I have been saying for many days. This Forum is worth a pretty penny. It will be used, if not currently used, to find possible causes, preventions, maybe even a cure for MND. I am hopeful.

We are all only individuals, and every individual differs. Accuracy of information is all important. We are all contributing to medical research.Some will reap the benefits, others may save many lives.When human beings group together to help other human beings, miracles happen.

The service this Forum provides is invaluable. Sorry, you were ripped off.

There are a lot of dishonest people that are absent a good conscience. We may not be doctor's here, but you are among friends w/ good , sound real-life advice and experiences. Best,

Sorry you got scammed. I agree this is an amazing resource. The PALS and CALS are incredibly generous with their knowledge and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back