Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
WA
City
Lake Stevens
Just wanting to know for others who started out having weakness in hand and arm how fast did that progress initially and where did it go from there?

Thank you, Rox

Rox, The answer is everyone is different. It was, for my PALS, first in his right side, then moved to left. Time frame hard to remember, but I would guess about 10 months for us. HUGS Lori

Thanks Lori,

Understandably everyone is different and progresses at a different rate. I am just curious as to the experience others have had.

The weakness I have started in the beginning of April and remains constant. I have lost the use of some movements with my fingers and cannot open lids, type with some fingers, use nail clippers, chew my nails(needed to stop anyway):), lift objects with fingers that weigh much like a cup, drop things easily, hard to hold fork in food to cut meat and the list is starting to grow. I am unable to lift 2 of my fingers and the others are starting to do the same thing.

I do not have ALS, but am having musclular problems and am in the process of finding out why.

Thanks, Rox

Rox, try to start doing some ROM excercises, such as squeezing a small ball, or trying to gather a paper towel that is laid out flat on a table into a ball with your fingers. We wish we had started these excercises sooner. HUGS Lori

I will do that thanks for the info. Lori

Rox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back