Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
VA
City
Skipwith
Hi my name is Nat my wife was diagnosed Sept. 2009. My questions are related to equipment for patents especially the belt and cough assist.
We are told the cough assist is the best and the belt is not needed that much. Please give me information about this and thank you.

Nat

Hi Nat! Sorry about your wife. I am unfamiliar with the vest, but my husband uses the cough assist. You may be able to get one through the ALS loan closet (it is expensive even with insurance).

Thank you for your reply

Nat

We have both, we use the cough assist after the Vest treatment. The Vest is an overpriced piece of equipment. It basically loosens up all the gunk in your lungs so it doesnt build up. It has been used for years on young children with cystic fybrosis. If money is no option, go for both, but to me the Vest is not worth it if you have to pay for it. We got ours from the VA. HUGS Lori

My wife used the vest for a couple weeks. It was painful to her chest and boobs and of no real result. we now have a cough assist which is better. she has not had to use it every day but we have it if needed. It is pricey even with Anthem.

Nat
My wife had the vest for one week. We did not feel it was worth the $16K they wanted for it at this point in her progression. To my knowledge, Hillrom is the only company that make this and they where really good about taking it back, so maybe the thing to do is try it and see how it works for you.

I have cough assist for sale. It is in excellent condition.

It is model #ca 3000

305-519-1695

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back