View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 01:11 AM #6 (permalink)

johnnyd is an unknown quantity at this point
johnnyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hey bert

hello again. i'm sorry to inform you of my status. I sure didn't want to scare you. It is not all bad. I have that magic mattress. I have the fluctuating air mattress and it helps plenty. I don't have to turn as much. Sometimes only twice. I also had a track lift installed over my bed . this is where all my tranfers are made. From the bed to power chair or to commode. It slides from my bed to position over to the wheelchair from a laying position to sitting. Your OT will become a close friend. She will provide you with all your future needs. I am so happy to be a member of the ALS society. They have provided me with the loan of much equipment from their loan pool. they are more than just a web site. a lift will solve your wifes stress to her arms. also do not be discouraged. Technology has progressed tremendously. Imagine how I am communicating with you now. And my wheelchair? I control it with very little movement of my foot. So I'm still mobile. imagine that. And sure, I sometimes get depressed but I have no pain and maintain my sense of humour. I have to. I have two teenagers. lol.
so keep the faith brother.

John

Joy, thank you for your support. You are wonderful to this forrum. actually I remember your kind words from the old website. keep up the good work. I am grateful to your words for me and the many others you have helped. I am sorry about your brother. He was very young l

John

Last edited by David : 03-08-2006 at 03:53 AM