Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
What a relief! I feel like I have really been burning my legs out climbing the stairs, and where I live, I don't have many downstairs options. We bought a used one I found online. Like new for half the price of a new one. Woot!

Way to go! Now don't go crazy riding it up and down! Diane

Way to go! Now don't go crazy riding it up and down! Diane

I got to have some fun! Trying to get my cat to ride with me, she does not seem interested though...lol

I am glad you have it. Enjoy!

Oh, Phil, that's such great news. Is it already installed? We also had one, used, next door. It was great. Do you have smooth floors upstairs or carpet? Just a head's up...smooth is lots easier unless you're in a power chair (I've never used a power chair on carpet, but assume it's fine). You can carry laundry on your lap if needed..unless your cat can adjust and wants your lap ;)

Wonderful. I WANT ONE. I feel so ashamed lately I am feeling envious all the time. Disgraceful!
I waNT ONE to go down the steps to my garden.
I want one of everything that is good that everybody has, except your wives and maybe not the husbands:)Well, not all at once;-)
But a van for the powerchair, a stairlift, something that could put my legs to bed with me, something to KEEP MY FEET HOT.........Sigh..........
.BUt enjoy, dear Phil, enjoy. I dont want you to feel guilty that you are having fun with a stair lift while poor little me has nothing:-(
;-)

Me, and my dad put it in. They are easy. We mounted it on top of the carpet that is on the stairs. I live upstairs like a inlaws suite, and it was a pain carrying supplies up the stairs.

that is great happy for you

ALSGA will have an available stair lift very soon. Anyone interested?

Stu

Hoorah for you, Phil! I don't have stairs with which to contend generally, but when I do, heaven help me! Best wishes! Carol

We got ours a couple months ago. Enjoy! HUGS Lori

We got one last year...had to have it had to have it haqd to have it! MOM nEVER USES IT. sHE DOESWN'T NEED TO GO DOWNSTAIRS...EVERYTHING SHE HAS IS UP HERE. wISH i COULD GIVE IT AWAY BUT THEN SHE WOULD WANT IT AGASIN! Whoops sorry about the caps......

I got a used stairlift last fall, so I can get upstairs and down, but it's in two sections because of a turn and it's getting harder to hop up to the next section. It's a pain, but I've never walked up those stairs since. So I love it and when I can't use it anymore, we'll have to bring my bed downstairs and there goes the party. No more showers....yup, stairlifts are great. You can even forget something and go back down for it. Easy! My little dog rides with me sometimes. But not the cat. Enjoy it.
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back