What did everyone do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Phil's post didn't get more comments! :lol:

I agree, Phil; too much sex was definitely the cause of my husband's ALS! :wink:

LOL. Not mine, especially now. What is that?

Well I have to say that if wanting is the same as having (it isn't believe me) then sure, I'll go along with the "too much sex" theory! ;);)

...and here I sit finding it hilarious that my husband is named Phil. And that is ALL I will say....except "if the boot fits, wear it."

I have been in IT for 32 years. Still workin from home.

It was my second career choice after my company that taught flying monkeys to hump footballs did not take off .

Ohhhhhh the memories......my husband died 9/07....do the math....I guess I am safe if that is the cause! hahaha

My husband was a dintologist (panel beater) off and on for over 30 years and also an insurance motor vehicle accident assessor. Was exposed to lead and also cyanide. However, he also lost alot of weight quickly (not the right way) between 2007 and 2008. Late 2008 started having symptoms of als and diagnosed 2009. Basically in eight months went from 206 kilos to 150 kilos. Last time we did a check he was down to 126. We have a hunch that there is a relationship between the rapid weight loss and als. Perhaps toxins are stored in fat and with such a rapid drop they were released? Just a theory,

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris, Welcome to our forum family, but so sad to hear about your husband hun. Hummmmm... I dont know about your theory, my dad did not start to lose weight until after he was diagnosed. Plus PALS have trouble eating. My dads weight is not down to bad within a year of symptoms, of course he finally gets to eat high calorie foods like he always wanted to, so he is happy about that. I personally think that the weight loss is attributed to the neurons dying in the brain. I think it also messes with the metabolism.
My two cents anyway.
Hugs, Kari

Well, Phil if too much sex is the cause of ALS, I'm safe. And I'm not sure how my wife wound up with it.......

live,laugh and love that is the compounds needed for daily living

On a serious note though, Liz grew up with a farm in the backyard. Lancaster, PA Amish country. She was a social worker and really had no significant exposure to toxins through work. She did drink about a 2 liter bottle of diet Coke every day for the better part of 20 years.(pepsiman, should indicate something, that Coke stuff is TOXIC :). Really though, I have my doubts about all the stuff they put in our food and drink nowadays.

Dick

Hi! I worked in the water well industry servicing and install pumps for the last 25 years, until forced to "retire" last year (2009) Loved working outdoors and all over the area (San Diego Co.).

My wife worked with me on our sheep farm. She is a bit upset that she may have got this disease through exposure to the organophosphate sheep dips and insecticides we used especially since she is always careful with looking after her health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back