Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
I had not dared try it but it is SO simple and it works. desperation led me to heat my socks in the microwave - 30 secs each sock and instant relief and no explosion or melting.

Sounds yummy!

I've found that shih'tzus work well ;)

Yes, my new Morkie is a great foot warmer.

But that nuking of socks sounds interesting. What are the socks made of?

sorry, glen, do not know - just cheap, thick old bedsocks. I was soooo desperate as I do not trust my hot water bottle skills after that terrible night that I thought even if it cost me my microwave it was worth a try........;;;I stOOd well back just in case.

Jeff, you had me worried and I was about to call the SPCA about your shih'tzus and the microwave but then I clued in!

Uhhhhh Barry

I've told you many times that ITS GREMLINS that go in the microwave.

Dogs are not gremlins

:twisted:

I'm glad microwaved socks work for you, IrisMarie! Do you still use your boots or is this a "bed time" routine at night? I use a heating pad at night to pre-toast feet when needed. Your hot water bottle saga did not sound like fun.

Glen, are socks "gremlins"?

I find the dogs are usually warm enough they don't need microwave help but they do have moments ... ;)

Yes, Jeff, dogs certainly do have moments (think of scene in movie Turner & Hooch)

Glen & Barry, I am amazed that neither of you brought up my foot warmers. very adult of you both. :wink::wink:

IrisMarie, Thanks for the tip.

I tried the dogs on the bed but it is difficult enough turning over already without two alsations and a boxerXspaniel holding me down

but.... Iris, that is where the expression "3 dog night" comes from :)

I remember once (ages ago, now) I was sleeping, and the alarm went off, and I was so tired, and I kept nudging who I thought was a human sleeping partner to turn off the alarm, but to no avail. I finally rolled over, and found myself nose to nose with my golden retriever who'd snuck up into the bed sometime in the night, and was laying there with his head on the other pillow. He was not interested in shutting off the alarm, or leaving the bed.

But Rose, that is where the expression "lucky dog" comes from. ;-);-)

I don't think Irismarie would appreciate your foot warmers as much as Glen or I would (but I am just speculating :lol::lol:)

Last edited:
Glen & Barry, I am amazed that neither of you brought up my foot warmers. very adult of you both. :wink::wink:

AWWWW JEEEZZZ - you got me drooling again. :twisted:

Glen, my doggie is a morkie, she is in the photos, do you have any photos?
I love my girl. I have had maltese all my life, they are awesome. I always loved yorkies, so wanted the mix. Have had her for five years, she is a joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back