Thread: Concerned
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM #9 (permalink)

City: Bilbao
State: Bizkaia
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
_Saj_ is on a distinguished road
City: Bilbao
State: Bizkaia
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
_Saj_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieNY View Post
Folks,

Unfortunately, in the past two weeks I feel as though my symptoms have gotten worse. The right leg, while not weak and with no visible atrophy, seems to fatigue easily and still feels heavy when I walk. I have had relatively consistent twitching in my right calf as well. My right arm, as I mentioned, has a slight perception of weakness to me. And for the past week or so, I have been experiencing burning/cramping in both thighs.

I'm no doc but I was once scared as hell form weakness (that turn out to be perceived) and twitching.... one thing I learned is that fear an anxiety can produce very solid sympthoms.

Mike I know it might sound odd but what you're telling can be produced by estress and fear. Don't rate your health by "feelings" or you'll drive yourself crazy. Bare in mind that you got to have clinical weakness to have ALS. That's different form perceived weakness; what is ussually present in benign fasciculation syndrome (as fatigue is)... so try to relax and trust your doctors. Get a second opinion if that is gonna help (I'd get a second oopinion) But make word to yourself to be calm if they say you can be calm; draw a line somewhere....

sorry about my english