Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I haven't had dental insurance for several years so I haven't been to one in 4 or 5 years. I've ordered enrollment forms for Delta Dental to fix that problem.

In the meantime, over the past 4 or 5 years, some of my fillings have fallen apart as have the teeth that they occupied. My teeth have been screaming (their screams causing me pain) for the kind care of a competent dentist.

I'm thinking this could be the root of my muscle and reflex problems. Any thoughts?

On another note, I think the doctor slipped a note to the pharmacist to give me a placebo instead of the real thing (baclofen). I'm sure it must some kind of sugar pill (and it aint all that sweet, either!).

Of course, all of this is just in me head anyway...

Zaph,
I am sorry that your teeth and your fillings have decieded to go their seperate ways. Such partings are always painfull for all concerned.:grin:

Re the Baclofen. If it isnt sweet , i guess you have the real deal :lol:
It will take several weeks for the drug to "kick in" and give you some relief. You might even have to up your amount after a while if they dont seem to work for you.
Every one is different, for me I dont think they did much at all, considering the results of my recent trials of the liquid form re a possibility of getting a Pump.

Cheers
Peter

Peter,

I'm sorry to hear baclofen hasn't done much for you. I will give it some more time. The last thing this new neurologist said to me as I walked out the door with prescription in hand was, "See you in 3 months." It had been 6 since my last visit.

I've requested copies all of the MRI and EMG/NCV test results and write-ups and so far, the MRI CD and write-up have come in. I'm make copies and send the originals off to the new V.A. doc that has just started seeing me. I don't know if I'll be able to view the MRI CD but I'll give it a go.

My neurologist in CO (that my neuro in NE referred me to) told me I needed to start on baclofen and that, with the neuro's (in NE) supervision, I was to slowly increase the dose until I felt that I needed to stop. My neuro in NE gave me the rx and told me she'd see me in six months. WHAT? Then, after increasing my dosage from 30mg/day to 60mg/day . . . she took me off of them completely! I got the sense that she didn't know what she was doing . . . I went back to the one in CO.

Wow, where have I been?.... I must be slipping.... I've let another DENTAL post slip by me. And certainly I can't keep my mouth shut when it comes to teeth! (that's a pun)

Zaphoon, I've read your previous posts on your diagnosis and honestly your dental problems can't be related to any muscle/neuron problem. When dental infections get into nearby muscles, it can cause trimus-- which is an inability to open the mouth, but I'm just babbling now... it's late.

But for sure, if your teeth are starting to scream at you, then you need to see somebody pretty soon. My experience is that they start screaming, and then, they really start screaming! And trust me, it will be just before a major holiday.

Sadly, when it comes to dentists..... you can pay us now, or you can pay us MORE later. It stinks but it's true.

GentleDental Laurie

Laurie,

I enjoyed the truth in your post (pay us more later...).

I've got the paperwork now for dental insurance.

Cool buddy, I'm happy to hear that.

And I have even MORE cynicism for the dental insurance industry. Remember there will be a deductible that you will pay 100% of before insurance will kick in a penny. There will be an annual maximum amount that they will pay in one year --and you'll be amazed how fast you get there.

Tell your dentist to be gentle! lol

XOXO,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back