Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Swe
State
-
City
Gothenburg
I´m sorry about your accident, hope you are better now.

I´d like to ask you something about your atrophy in buttock, since I notice same thing in my right buttock, which is visible smaller than the left one. I also have atrophy in both hands and starting right wrist, which is a bit weak and cold all the time. I also have atrophy in calf , and right leg is not very good for long walks. I started with fascikulations in calves in november, now they are spread to many parts of body, but not so persistent as in calves.
I made an EMG, and neurolog saw some changes in right leg, but said it was old chronic changes that came from old back problems probably.
What I like to ask you is if you had a bad EMG early on when you noticed changes in muscles, or it came later? I don´t trust neurolog 100%, especialy since he dismissed me and didn´t give an alternative explanation.

With regards

victor

In my case I noticed weakness before fascics. Fasscics in calf in Dec/Jan. Dirty EMG and diagnosed in Oct.

AL.

Did you have a dirty first time EMG, or did you have clean EMG before that?
How long before weakness did you notice atrophy?

victor

I think first one was dirty. I didn't know enough to ask then. Doubt he'd give diagnosed without bad EMG/NVC tests. Can't remember time between atrophy and weakness but it was quite a while.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back