View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 08:47 PM #30 (permalink)

holly is an unknown quantity at this point
holly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

les and i aren't from ontario so i don't know what icbo is. there is a walk, roll, wheel for als 5km thing happening here. we got a form in the mail so i'll do it. there is a pledge form to get people signed up for if you do it, so i'll make the rounds at work and through relatives (though most of les' relatives give wholeheartedly to the als society anyways).

we just got back from a visit to the als team here in vancouver and the respirologist as well. les asked the respirologist 'how long' before he has to go to some type of invasive (read 'trach' tube) method for breathing.....the doc said 6 - 9 months. i used to ask les why he didn't ask the docs more questions, he said he wasn't sure he wanted to know the answers. i'm behind him 100 percent on that one now. he's only 38, he was in his prime. now we are looking at machines and necka dn back braces and all kinds of stuff just so he can $%#^#%^$^&$ breathe and get nourishment...this wasn't supposed to happen!

sorry...... he's resting and i'm crying and it's been a crappy day. it made me think of how carol and henry are doing......anybody know anything? i'll check back before bed (it's 6 p.m. here now), cause i have to do the bills and gribbly stuff (and no rum in the house, dam).

holly