Thread: Retiring
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 09:11 PM #13 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road

i retired early in june of 03 with the intention of working a bit of part time to finance the travels that i had planned. i was having some symptoms but wasn't diagnosed until late oct 03. this changed our plans. by this time i was feeling too tired to work even part time. thankfully i had opted to take the extra medical ins. and life ins. that was offered at retirement. i wouldn't get it now. as far as i know now but i have to talk to my acountant i am better off taking my omers pension than applying for disability. i am applying for the disability tax credit though. my own personal opinion is that when faced with what we are facing is to have as much fun at what makes you happy. if it is work do it. if it is sitting at home looking at the tv do it. if it is sitting here doing postings at all the sites for als do it. do what you think makes you happy. you are the important one. your care giver is important too but you have to make the decisions with their help for what is best for you.