Thread: Retiring
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 10:34 AM #10 (permalink)

lhart is an unknown quantity at this point
lhart is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning,
this is a tough call for me too. how long to keep working. i'm only 39 so its hard to call it retirement. the company i work for has been fantastic throughout this whole thing. i work for a very large building supplies company. i used to be a buyer, but since losing my voice, i more or less punch a keyboard all day. i'm still able to drive to work and for the most part am able to do my job without any problems. getting ready in the morning is exhausting. hate the mornings. and by the time i get home i'm pretty tired. i don't have long term disability through my insurance plan at work, only six month. so after that i'm on government disability. my wife (holly) would like me to quit. she feels that i would be able to concentrate more on my health. sleep when tired, eat when hungry etc. i'm worried that i'll never get out of bed. and, although i can't speak, i still associate with everyone at work. its that denial thing again. advice from any of you on this would help. i'm finding to be a very tough decision. thanks
les