Diagnosis
12/2009
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Monroe
Hi has anyone out there tried stem cell treatments?

Trying to find someone to talk to who has tried stem cell injections?
Has it worked for you?
What are your thoughts?

What do you think about trying it?

trtt

A good friend of mine went to Tiajuana Mexico for 2 treatments at a cost of around $40K. He thought he could feel an improvement for a couple of months. About 8 months later he passed away. Just quit breathing sitting in a chair. So in answer to your question. No it doesn't work. It might someday. Going to some third world country to have god knows what stuck in your body, no matter how desperate you are is just pain nuts(my opinion) There has not been any peer reviewed data come forth from any of these places. You might want to see if you can get on a waiting list for the stem cell trial just started in the US.

AL.

There is a thread on the Patients Like Me forum devoted to people who have gone to Monterrey, Mexico, for injections. So far, there have not been any positive outcomes that I've heard of. It's very expensive, and, as Al said, there are no peer-reviewed accounts of any results of stem-cell injections anywhere. But you can check out the thread on PLM, and read about their experiences, see photos of their hotel rooms, etc.

$30K for a nice hotel stay and holes drilled in your head seems a bit steep for me.

AL.

I met a friend thru facebook. He is in mumbai, india and his dad was diagnosed recently with als. There is stem cell clinic in mumbai and he got injections about 2 weeks back. so far no improvement but i'm keeping in touch with him. will let you all know if there is any +ve news.

The stem cell treatments currently available commercially do not seem to be helpful at all. Hopefully, that will change with the clinical trials being started this year with Neuralstem, Brainstorm, and TCA Cellular Therapy.

$30K for a nice hotel stay and holes drilled in your head seems a bit steep for me.

AL.

Not a vacation I want to take either, AL. LOL

Hi,,I have thought about it,,,but I think before u undergo anything like that,,especially cost wise, u must rid your body of heavy metals! I am undergoing Chelation,,,at home I do it orally,,,then I will be going to a clinic in Toronto (Canada) to have I.V Chelation which clears out the metals much faster.
I can honestly say, since I have been diagnosed Oct 2009, with Sporadic ALS with bulbar onset April 2009, and right arm and hand onset Jan 2009; that although chelation is not the most fun thing to be doing, I feel fantastic otherwise! More energy, stronger, less mucous buildup, and breathing is much easier:smile:

Now even if I don't undergo Stem Cell treatment in California, with Dr. Steenblock (anyone ever heard of him?) I am getting rid of metals and other toxins from my body which at the cellular level allows better energy to the tissues. Therefore giving me the energy I have been getting.

I want you to know that I have been studying Natural medicine for the last 7 years...I truly believe with all the cleansing that I have done in the last 10 yrs, has been of benefit to me. And it is why I am still on this Godgiven earth.

God Bless us all

Tiziana,,,I live exactly one hour away from Al!

Oops,,,forgot to mention,,I DONT take the Riluzol or Rilutec or any pain medication for that matter. Never really did take anything like tylenol or Ibuprophen etc in the last 20 yrs! And of course, while undergoing Chelation,, you needn't put those chemicals in your body, because the chelation is working to pull them out!

Hi there

We were in Australian recently and saw the following program on a Sunday Night current event program - screened in December 2009. It showed positive results for a boy, Lachlan who had autism and he travelled to Asia with his mother and received full stem cell therapy. Within a few days his mother noticed some significant differences for the better. The link to the video is below.

Sunday Night Videos - Yahoo!7 TV

Click to the bottom, left hand corner of the page and hit "autism solution" to watch this video.

As full stem cell replacement therapy is expensive a number of people are turning to natural stem cell enhancers in the first instance. People are reporting noticeable benefits in taking two new, quality products that have just become available to the public in the last few months. These products are Cellworx and Colostem. They are totally natural products that have been researched extensively by leading scientists. They assist the release of healthy adult stem cells from one's own bone marrow so there is no risk of rejection. It has now been proven that as we age the number of stem cells released in to our blood stream from our own bone marrow declines rapidly with age. This has shown Scientists there is a clear link between adult stem cells and the ageing process. With less healthy stem cells circulating in our blood stream we are also more prone to illness and our immune system is weaker. With all the new technology and latest scientific discoveries emerging on adult stem cells there are some remarkable health benefits and breakthroughs coming through with alot more to come in the near future.

Hi Universal,
Yes I saw the article in Dec. be interesting to see if they do a follow up one in a couple of months, and if he continued to improve. (my belief is, we are still a way off from effective treatment with Stem cells).

Re the Cellworx and Colostem products.
I also read the article that came out in a magazine here about the improvement in a young lady with MS when she took the product.

I contacted the company for info re treatment of MND.(they do not state on their web site that it helps MND)
They had the manners to infact ring me but wanted to sell me the product over the phone. When I asked for the information to be sent to me in writing so i could read it at my leasure they agreed. That was severel months ago, still waiting.

(on a side lssue, I have a friend who has MS, got the product, but hasnt improved at all)

it, or similar products might work in the future, when it does i am sure it will as many have said before be all over this forum and the ALS community before you can count to two.

cheers
Peter

Last edited:
I tend to think that we are not far away from an effective stem cell treatment for als. A cure, still a ways off, that's true, but I think an effective treatment will come sooner from stem cells than people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back