Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pa
City
west chester
My first thread was not well recieved due to my shortcomings. So I would like to start off by saying thank you to all of the people of this forum who are willing to answer our questions regarding this disease. You are all great people and it is so very appreciated what you are doing for us, who are un diagnosed.

First symptom NOTICED (I may have been completely oblivious to other symptoms) was my right index finger twitch 1 month and a half ago. I was just chillin studying in the library and my right index finger started to twitch. Only did it a couple times then stopped. This twitch caused my whole finger to move independently of the others, and it kind of jutted out and straightened a little bit, then returned back to normal. 1 month later the twitch is still there, it comes when it wants to, sometimes it make my finger stick out for 2-4 seconds before returning back to normal. I noticed that if I clench my right fist and grip tightly, I can cause the twitch to happen. It will also happen with no work at all, but after it is stressed it will occur as well, such as if I do push ups or something, it will trigger the twitch. No (1 month 1 week after the first twitch) my other fingers are starting to tremor, whole hand is tremoring a little as well.

Along with this twitch came a funny feeling in my legs last week, I noticed them developing a slight soreness. My legs hurt. That soreness has not gone away and has only gotten worse, it causes my legs to shake just by bending at the knee and holding that position for a little. This is not me saying "i THINK my legs are weak".....my legs are weakening people. This is also affecting my upper limbs, this slight weakness. I am sore all over my body, legs, back, neck, forearms, shoulders, you name it. This is R-E-A-L soreness people.

When I am seated or lying in bed I notice like an internal tremble/tremor in my limbs, it is like worms are underneath my skin. It is most apparent in both my hamstrings, my calves, my upper arms (tricep area).

Along with all of these symptoms I am getting the body wide random twitches EVERYWHERE. I am 1 month and 1 week into noticing my finger twitch, before noticing that finger twitch I noticed nothing weird with my body, but now all of this is apparent.

I tested my strength (upper body) and was able to still do about the same amount of push ups I always could, I did 40, (I am 6'2" and weight 170lbs). Pretty skinny kid.

How can you tell if you're wasting, I am definitely getting weaker, twitching, internal worm feelings and all. I am getting random mini headaches as of late as well.

I just noticed that when texting, my thumb sometimes like, doesnt work as well.

I am a 20 year old male who has always been in great shape (please Don't let my age tell you I do not have this disease)

I hope my post does not seem to rash, but I feel certain somethin VERY ominous is happening to my body, and ALS is at the top of the list.

Other honorable mentions are MS, Parkinson's, and Brain Tumor.

I have an appt with a neurologist in 2 weeks.

Disprove me or prove me.

God Bless those with an actual Dx.

My response to your other thread stands!

I know you have scared yourself with trying to get a diagnosis from Dr. Google. But the best thing is to wait for a neurologist to examine you. The chances of you having ALS from the symptoms you listed is remote.

Thank you very much for the positive response Joel.

But arent my symptoms generally characteristic of ALS?

God Bless.

LOL...same people read this thread, silly...glad your changed the title though!

But arent my symptoms generally characteristic of ALS?

No, they are not. Not even in the same ballpark.

Pucker up and read the other thread.

I just responded to your other thread: Everyone has said what needs to be said for you man. I totally understand how your very real medical concerns combined with anxiety and fear led to your initially abrasive post. It's okay. But really, for the sake of your own sanity and health; do not focus on ALS. Live your life, talk to your doctors and figure out what's going on with you. Also, accept the fact that if they can't give you an answer, that doesn't mean that the answer is ALS. Sometimes there are neurological problems for which there are no easy answers.

You've said that you have been on the BFS boards... most people there will tell you "yeah, that sounds like BFS" whereas most people here are saying "that doesn't sound like ALS." That should tell you something.

Seriously, even posting on an ALS board is probably not healthy for you because it puts ALS in your mind when it shouldn't even be a consideration at this point.

Great perspective AndyDJX about being on this forum at all!

I've not visited the BFS boards but I'm thinking about it. I could pass for a BFSer! In fact, I'd gladly trade the diagnosed of PLS for BFS; it would be very easy. My first post would go something like this:

High! I twitch and cramp like the devil and know I have BFS. I know this because I've had 2 clean EMG's (3 weeks apart 2 years ago), clean bloodwork (oustide of slightly elevated cpk & sed rate), great looking MRI's and well, you get the picture! So, let's all talk about how crappy it is to have constant cramps and how afraid we all were we were going to wind up with ALS! Everyone is invited to my house for a pajama party!

How'd I do? Do you think I could pass?

PZ

Well, Zaph, I am the internet doctor and from the symptoms you have described I have just diagnosed'ed you with BFS. Congratulations!

p.s. Don't bother with listening to your neuro - they are full of crap, won't listen to you, won't tell you what you want to hear, and won't tell you that my diagnosed is the right one. They are hacks and I am not. The real neuros won't be able to diagnose you until autopsy anyway.

If you have ED or need some Smiling Bob let me know - I can fix that spiritually. All you have to do is put your hand on the screen.

Oh, and I work off donations to keep this healing ministry going. Can you send me a couple hundred bucks?

Wow! Thanks, handy internet doctor! See, I knew I had BFS all along! For the great comfort you have just given, I'd be stingy with donating just a couple hundred. Your check is in the mail!

I'm feeling the love all over again!

I'm feeling the love all over again!

So is Smiling Bob. Again, again, and again...

If I can help him I can help anyone.

All, don't forget to check with me and forget about Dr. Googool. Like Rush Limbaugh I am correct 99.7% of the time.:rolleyes:

Hi Chad,

I sorry to hear that you're having these symptoms and can certainly understand that you are worried. But sweetie (and I can call you that because I am an old lady), try not to worry. Your symptoms do not sound serious to me and I am in health care.

Worrying about something that you can't do anything about is wasted worry. Please try to divert your attention for a couple of weeks until you can talk to your neuro.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey Chad, sounds like something is going on. It don't mean ALS. Twiching anywhere in the body is not normal it means something is going on. At the MDA my neuro told me that no one should twich it is always something going on. I wouldn't think that you have anything serious to tell you the truth. I would just go see my doc and don't worry so much. let me know how everything turns out for you. GOD Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back