Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, I know what you are going thru. My sister, my only sister, was diagnosed in June, 2008 and she is in her final days. I hurt so bad, I can't stand it. I too have questioned God, and why so much has happened with our family. My Mom died last month, my brother is mentally and physically handicapped, and now my sister. ALS is the cruelest of all. She too started with the slurred speech, and the crying jags, bulbar is so progressive. It has gone so fast, and yet, I see the look in her eyes and she wants to go. I can't blame her, but it will be so hard without her.

My husband has Emotional Liability PBP and is progressing rapidly. He is only 46 and continues to decline on a daily basis. This disease has broken me into a million pieces. My husband diagnosed Feb, 09 and he doesn't have much time left with us but it seems all he does is puts me down constantly. His memory is real bad, he says such hurtful things to me and Im having a very difficult time. Actually Im having a breakdown!
How are we suppose to get threw this

hang in there dana, love and prayers from far away can't hurt and we are really good listeners

My husband has Emotional Liability PBP and is progressing rapidly. He is only 46 and continues to decline on a daily basis. This disease has broken me into a million pieces. My husband diagnosed Feb, 09 and he doesn't have much time left with us but it seems all he does is puts me down constantly. His memory is real bad, he says such hurtful things to me and Im having a very difficult time. Actually Im having a breakdown!
How are we suppose to get threw this

so sorry- just remember it is not who he normaly is-its tha als in the brain saying the hurtful things

Hi Dana and Andy, It is so sad to hear about what you are going through.. My heart hurts for you both. I have Bulbar onset. I started the out bursts of crying . I asked the Dr. for meds and it is no longer happening to me and i bipassed the other symptoms...Laughing and anger... If i were doing this to my family I would hope my husband or daugher would put my meds in my applesauce. We need all the help we can get. You need to know that as long as we can type we will be here for you to vent,cry or sometimes even laugh together. Big Hugs to both of you, L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back