Thread: Mini Vacation
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 12:52 PM #5 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. i'm home for today and back to the hospital sunday night for probably another 3-4 days, hopefully i'll have this sorted out by then. the machine takes quite a while to get set up to my breathing patterns. they've tried about 5 or 6 different ways as far as inhaling exhaling and rate of breaths but we still haven't got it matched to my pattern of breathing. sounds easy enough to do. watch me breathe : count the timing in seconds and punch it into the machine; not quite as easy as it sounds. there are a few variables there that make it harder than it sounds. i've got a good group of people in my room and a great staff; and as a bonus they have a pub night on tuesday with beer and wine. right up my alley as most of you know. the bipap does make it easier to breathe though. even with the timing a little off i can tell the difference. i can lay on my back and left side which i haven't been able to do in months. sure takes some of the pressure off my right side which was getting sore from laying on it all the time. so that's what's happening to me these days. lots of fun but no big deal. day to day as i say. take care don't hurt yoour backs shovelling.