Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
Owatonna
Sorry it's been such a long time since I've posted, but with school starting up and the walk just last weekend, it's been nuts around here!

Last Saturday (Sept 30th) was the Walk to D'Feet ALS in Minneapolis. Our team, Kathy's Circle, raised over $7000. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and over 1500 walkers turned out and at first count raised $250,000 for ALS services and research. There are 5 walks that took place in Minnesota in 2006 and all together they raised over $400,000. :-D (I'm guessing that's with the corporate sponsors as well, but I'm not certain.)

Kathy, my sister, was able to alternate between walking (using her leg braces and a walking stick) and riding in a wheelchair as we traveled the 3 miles around Lake Harriet in Minneapolis.

I'm so glad that there are people out there to organize these events! We are definitely making this an annual event! Let's hope that a cause and cure are found soon!

Take care everyone!

Marcia

Way to go!

Congratulations Marcia and to your sister Kathy.

What a great achievment and an amazing amount of money raised for ALS. Good for Kathy for participating and finishing.
Gail and Tim just had their walk as well and were overwhelmed with the support of people who showed up to walk with them.

way to go!

Barbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back