12/2008
Country
US
State
Montana
City
Fairfield
Hi all,

Even though I can still walk with the aid of a walker, I just recently had to get a manual wheelchair and am in the process of obtaining a power chair. Can anyone tell me what kind of seat cushion you prefer--one with a memory foam or one made of gel? Or an entirely different type of cushion seat?

Thanks,
Mike

ROHO, for me, is the way to go.

Do a search for ROHO - there has been several discussions about this in the not to distant past.

I second the ROHO recommendation. I've been using one for the past month and didn't fully appreciate it until I had to do without it for a few hours yesterday.

I tried different cushions , but they were immediately excluded.

I have had two ROHO's.

First one was a free-flowing seat. I could not stay comfortable with this due to my size.

The second one , a ROHO Quatro , has four different compartments , which made all the difference for me.

Glen

I have a ROHO quadro in my power wheelchair, and I just got out of the old chair with a van seat, and into my Permobil with the ROHO, and my butt is saying thank you, thank you, thank you. Sometimes the Permobil chair needs some extra hours of battery charging, so I use the old chair for part of the day. Permobil batteries were at 50% last night when I put it on the charger at 9:00PM.
The charger finally went to float at 1:30PM today.

ROHO all the way. Pressure may be a little tricky to get adjusted to YOUR comfort in the beginning, but play around with the pressures til you get it right. You'll know when that is, bacause if you can sit in it for 12 hours without a buttache, you are getting there.

Perry

Thanks for the advice, guys. I will look into the ROHO.

Just one more follow-up question: do you prefer the ROHO Quadtro low profile, mid profile, or high profile seat? Thanks for the help.

Mine is a high profile one, the cells are ~4" high on it. When pressure is right, butt bones are about 1-1 1/2" off the bottom. The way the techs adjust it initially is to slide a hand under your butt to feel how far it is from the bottom, and the pressure.

Perry

I have the low profile one. I didnt think it would work , but after the air was adjusted - I love it.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back